“BOGO Appetizers after 9pm”

Brownstones Sports Lounge And Restaurant
Ranked #61 of 229 Restaurants in Sarnia
Price range: US$0 - US$23
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

I have been to Brownstones on many occasions. When I first started going I would get the pulled pork quesadilla which was absolutely amazing, however it hasn’t been on the menu in years. Now I only visit for BOGO apps. The panko perogies are delicious as is the baked brie. The spinach dip misses the mark - often watery with what seems to be a slice of processed cheese melted on top. I wish they would revamp this recipe as at other restaurants it is my favourite appetizer to get. Brownstones often has good specials on beer but cocktails seem over priced. I always have great service when I visit. I will be back for more BOGO perogies but that’s about it. Please bring back the pulled pork quesadilla!

Reviewed July 25, 2018

I rarely post bad reviews but I just had to in this case. I am very disappointed and will not eat here again. First they had Coors light on special but after ordering one beer I was told they had only two left in stock. This was at 8pm at night. If you have a beer on special..you should be well stocked or at least offer another choice if you run out. Second, I ordered the Cajun Chicken Mango Penne. When I read the description of this meal it said it had cajun chicken breast, mushrooms and mango. There was no cajun chicken breast..it was just a few slices of plain chicken breast...no cajun at all?? The chicken looked like the type you would get in a sliced chicken package that they just heat up. There was barely any mushrooms to be seen. The alfredo sauce tasted like it was from a powder mix not a freshly made alfredo sauce. It said it had mango and mango coulis.. there was chunks of mango which was the best part of this meal but mango coulis? Very disappointed. The alfredo sauce was so bad that I didn't eat the pasta...just picked out the mango, spinach and little bit of chicken and mushrooms. For $18 I was at least expecting a whole sliced chicken breast on top like the descriptions leads you to believe you are getting. Never again. The waiter said this was one of their top sellers. Based on my meal, I doubt that is true.

1  Thank Denise D
John W, Public Relations Manager at Brownstones Sports Lounge And Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2018

Hello Denise,

Thanks so much for your feedback. We take customer concerns very seriously as customer service and satisfaction is our top priority. My name is Dianne and I am the Marketing Manager at BrownStones. Our General Manager and Owner have been made aware of your review of our restaurant, as well as our Head Chef. Our food does not seem as though it was to par to our standards by your description and we apologize for running out of Coors. Please feel free to contact me directly at brownstonessbl@gmail.com

Reviewed July 11, 2018

Has all the TV's and grub for watching the game or a casual night our with friends
Have only been a few times but enjoyed it each and ever time I was there

John W, Owner at Brownstones Sports Lounge And Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2018

Thanks so much for the positive review! See you back soon!

Reviewed May 3, 2018 via mobile

I like the idea of the sports lounge and brownstones has a lot of good options on the menu. Never been disappointed in the food. The service could use some improvements and the last few times I have been disappointed. Perhaps a few extra servers on at a time or some better focus on service and this restaurant would be a staple in sarnia.

Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

I can say I’ve had one of the worst meals ever here. The food was lazy deep fried and all looked the same. Atmosphere was poor in the family side and service was impersonal and uninformed about the menu.

Lastly. Stay away from the Bloody Caesar! The bartender obviously doesn’t drink these. It came out as pickle juice and vodka with a bouquet of pepperoni sticks, olives, etc.

Good grief!