“Perfect Quaint Restaurant”

DeGroot's Nurseries Garden Tea House
Ranked #34 of 240 Restaurants in Sarnia
Description: DeGroot’s Nurseries is pleased to offer a unique dining experience! DeGroot’s Teahouse is situated in a cozy corner of the nursery property, and delights visitors with its picturesque setting and delicious meals! DeGroot’s Teahouse’s rich history enhances the charm of this unique place. Christopher Dent first built the farmhouse in 1906 for his bride-to-be, Eva. During the 1950s, Calvert M. Carruthers owned the homestead, which included the farm and farmhouse. During this time, Carruthers opened his home’s doors to the Red Cross and housed Hungarian refugees who came to Canada following the Communist takeover of their home country. Today, the home is still visited by those who found shelter there during the Cold War years. In 1980, the DeGroot family bought the farm to accommodate their expanding nursery-greenhouse. The farmhouse was first used as a Christmas house that was later transformed into a tearoom and opened under our management on April 1, 2008.
Reviewed January 19, 2017

Exceptionally friendly staff, with a wide variety of tasteful food items, notably the quiche.
Beautiful outdoor patio is perfect for the warmer days, while the indoors has a homely feel to it. Perfect place for lunch, or just a simple cup of tea. I've heard there is recent renovations to the interior as well.

Reviewed August 22, 2016 via mobile

This tea room came highly recommended and didn't disappoint. Fresh ingredients, and large portions of salads to go with the meal.

Can't wait to be back, next time we are sitting in the patio.

Reviewed August 9, 2016

I visited today with eleven friends for lunch ; this was not our first visit and I would have reviewed it earlier but it wasn't on TripAdvisor yet . I must say that we always enjoy coming here . The food is so fresh and delicious and not your everyday old standbys ; The menu is like a gourmet style with really unique choices . The soups are wonderful and so are the salads . Today I had caramelized onion and mushroom quiche and broccoli and cheddar soup ... delightful !!! I highly recommend this place but one should make reservations as it is fairly small . There is an upstairs room if they get busy . There is a lovely courtyard in the summer as well , if you prefer to eat outside . We love it and I'm sure others will too !!!

Reviewed July 13, 2016

We went for breakfast which I was unaware they even had till it was mentioned.There were 7 of us.We sat outside and it was a beautiful day.
Service was good,food was good.
Now if your looking for bacon, eggs,home fries and toast this is not the place for you.
If your looking for quiche and fruit it's more along those lines.I had a pea meal sandwich with caramilzed onion and cheese it was amazing!!!
I would definitely go back,
I have been for lunch in that past and they have great sandwiches that pair with amazing salads.

Reviewed June 27, 2016

Very enjoyable lunch. Food was great . service great. Great place to meet friends or business for a quiet lunch.