“Very good Indian food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

On a family visit to SSM we had dinner at this restaurant which was very nice. The decor is nothing special but all of the dishes were delicious and plentiful. I am not sure what choices there are for Indian in SSM but this one is a great choice.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

This was our first visit here - server was wonderful!! We had apps and an entree each - and both left with a doggie bag. The menu was very easy to read, and clearly marked how spicy dishes are, as well as those that are gluten friendly, vegetarian and popular choices. Will definitely be back!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

When most of the town is shut down on Sunday evening this little gem is still coming out the best Sunday buffet. It is small but loaded with awesomeness. Only complaints is that it’s hot during summer and they didn’t have ice for water. But the food and service made up for any inconvenience.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

Whenever my wife and I travel, we always pick out one Indian joint somewhere along the way. Tandoori Garden is a small, intimate place right on Queen St.

FOOD: I had the Lamb Vindaloo, which was very good - not the best I've had, but good. My wife ordered their Chicken Tikka Masala; we agreed it was the best we've had anywhere. It was a slight disappointment that our first batch of "naan" bread wasn't naan, but pita. They said it was because someone else was in the back cooking while the other fella was elsewhere? Our 2nd batch of bread was naan, and it was glorious.

SERVICE: Our server was nice and did everything we asked, but she was distracted/busy as they were having issues with their computer system and it was only our server, the girl at the register and the cooks working! I can't hold it against our server too much that it took a while for our waters to be refilled or that I had to walk up to the counter to ask for a 2nd batch of bread.

VALUE: I have a large appetite, so small portion sizes aren't my style. We came out of here full and for less money than I would out of any decent place in the town I live.

Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

We had the Tika Masala and another chicken dish with geeen peppers and slivers of ginger. Both dishes were great. Service was kind and awesome.