“Perfectly prepared steak!”

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 9, 2018

Often, I avoid ordering steak at restaurants because almost always they are cooked improperly. I only enjoy steak "blue", and though this is always emphasised, invariably the steak arrives rare to medium rare. Accordingly, ordering steak at a restaurant is something I infrequently do, preferring to grill at home, getting it right. Solo had a ribeye special and not having had steak for a long while, this was my order. The steak arrived PERFECTLY prepared. Perfectly seared on the outside and hot, but very blue on the inside. The chef clearly knew what she/he was doing. The accompanying broccoli dish and the garlic mashed potatoes were excellent complementing items, making the meal among the best I've had in a restaurant in a very long time. In fact, i cannot recall ever having such a perfectly prepared steak at any restaurant.

Service was very good. Our waitress was attentive and kind, and patient with us when we were slow making our initial selections. We were on the upper deck, so though I don't know her name, I hope the restaurant may be able to identify her and appreciate what a great employee she is.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed October 30, 2018 via mobile

A gourmet Italian restaurant in downtown Sault Ste Marie. The food is delicious, excellent staff, local craft beer, and reasonable prices. But of you are going - go early (place fills up quickly).

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 26, 2018

After a very long hot walk along the lakeshore to view the Swing Arm Dam and the lock between the Lakes, we found this restaurant just out the back of our hotel. The wine selection was fabulous and the bar tender was able to give my husband some expert tips on the local craft beers. My portobello Mushroom entree was amazing and the Salmon with Leek cream was sublime. My husband opted for Calamari and then the Surf and Turf - after travelling for a few weeks in the US and Canada he still says it was the best steak he had on the trip. The staff were so much fun and so lovely it was a really lovely experience and if we ever venture this way again we will definitely pop in for another meal.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed October 22, 2018 via mobile

Crazy crazy good gnocchi so worth the calories. Creamy goodness great spot for dinner before the game right across from GFL Memorial Gardens.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed October 16, 2018

My wife and I spent a weekday afternoon in Sault Ste. Marie. We walked for several blocks on Queen Street enjoying the shops and sights. We were looking for a place for lunch and noticed the well-kept exterior of the Solo Trattoria. The menu looked good - we weren't disappointed! We enjoyed the chicken panetta and the chicken parm panini. The service was attentive. The restaurant is clean and quiet with an elegant décor. We certainly would eat there again. Visitors should know that they do not accept the Discover card, but we had no problem with our Mastercard.

Date of visit: September 2018