“Definitely Worth A Try”

Spiice Chinese Express
Ranked #267 of 502 Restaurants in St. Catharines
Reviewed November 20, 2016

I was very satisfied with this restaurant. Recently opened so it was quite empty. Located right on Brock University territory so its perfect so students or people on residence. I really enjoyed the food and the staff made me feel at home. Venue is very nice and spacious, perfect for late night dinners with your friends, dates, or just somewhere to a meal. Would recommend a visit.

Reviewed November 13, 2016 via mobile

The only advantage is that this place is very close to Brock University, but the food quality there was a joke. I had some stir fried dish and the thing that came up made me lose my appetite. Glad that I don't visit Brock that often so I don't need to go to this place ever again. Maybe the students there have low standard and that's why this place is still open.

Reviewed October 20, 2016

Yesterday (Oct 19, 2016) was the Grand Opening of SPiiCE Tea Lounge, next door adjoining SPiiCE Express. It was my first time to experience and taste an Ice Cream Roll, the new craze that started in the Phillipines and now taking cities like New York and Toronto by storm. Quite amazing to find it being demonstrated and served here in St. Catharines, tucked away in the vicinity of Brock University. Such a pleasant surprise! After all the hype on Ice Cream Rolls I was prepared to be disappointed, but it was the best ice cream I have ever had, anywhere, and to watch how the ice cream is rolled is a show in itself. There are also a variety of flavors and toppings to choose from, mine was the 'blueberry plain jane ', it paired well with my honey ginger tea, a wonderful ying-yang sensation of cool-hot that felt so comforting. The room was full by the time we left but the Tea Lounge is so beautifully designed that lends itself to a coziness and stylishness all of its own. A uniique blend of living room and bistro, a place to meet and greet, friends and strangers alike. And, best of all, the welcoming presence of Team SPIICE, as kool as the place itself and yet so warm and friendly. We can't wait to go back ... today!

Reviewed July 25, 2016

Almost on Brock University campus is Spiice Chinese Express. The wonton noodle soup with a choice of spicy or not, is to die for. Dishes are 'real' Chinese chinese! Flavours are uniique, not like the run of the mill chinese restaurants in the Niagara area. The vibe is cool and casual, service warm and friendly.

Reviewed July 8, 2016

When I googled Spiice restaurant, the autocorrect kept shafting me to Spice restaurants. Please note that this Spiice has two eyes. And both of my eyes were watering because I am not used to such hot and spicy food ! My husband enjoys Szechuan chinese food, the more red chillies the better. Very recently opened across from Brock University, Spiice serves authentic chinese dishes in a cafe-like setting - place orders at the counter and the dishes are brought to your table with chopsticks or plastic fork and spoon (no knives). No item on the menu is more than $9 and the servings are quite generous. Being our first visit, we decided to order the Chili chicken rice, double-cook pork rice (which I was delighted to find out was pork belly), curry baby octopus and saltpepper chicken wings (crispiest and tastiest I ever had), with a pot of green tea. It was all so delicious (and liberally spiced with red chillies), especially the pork dish which had a very good helping of pork belly and bok choy in it, though it was hard to cut the pork slices with a plastic spoon !
We asked what the four "new" items were (written in chinese) and they are squid, black mussels, cucumber and sweet breadstick. When ordering, state the level of spicy you want and they will adjust the dish. It reminds us of hawker food and we shall definitely go back, with friends and cutlery !!

1  Thank kalgal2005