“Surface clean, comfortable beds and your standard size N. American room”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in St. Catharines
Reviewed 7 June 2017

We were on the second floor facing away from the Queensway in even numbered rooms. So didn't have any problem with noise.
Air con was set not to go below 18-19C and as the room was very hot when we first arrived it took a while to cool down.
Fridge wasn't cold enough even on max to freeze our water bottles and keep the fridge fruit and water nice and cold.
All staff were polite and pleasant.
If you have a chance go to Coppola's for dinner it is excellent, just walk over from the end of the hotel property across from the bakery.

Room Tip: even numbered away from the road
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 June 2017

Just called to book a room for the upcoming weekend. Spoke with Victoria, who handled my reservation with the utmost in professionalism and the most gracious customer service I have had to date.
It's the first impression that lays the foundation in this industry, and this hotel should be proud to have such an amazing employee to represent them.

Thanks for a wonderful "first" experience. If this is any indication of what may be waiting for me during my stay, I know I will be one happy Choice Hotels customer!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank KathrynGust2015
Reviewed 29 May 2017

We found the room to be clean, comfortable and quiet. Price for the value is great considering location right beside the QEW and only about 10 miles from Niagara. The front desk staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. We would consider staying again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights, great accommodations.
Only minutes from Niagara.
Outlet mall nearby.
Only downfall, no continental breakfast or restaurant available, but many nearby restaurants available if needed.
Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2017

I stayed recently at the Comfort Inn in St. Catharines and would absolutely recommend it to other travelers. The rate for a King room was good, the location was great and it seemed to be amongst the cheapest options in the area, in addition I found the reviews on TripAdvisor were mostly positive.

The room was nice and clean, I stayed on the second floor to avoid being on the floor that’s pet friendly (and great on the hotel for having the option for pet owners) but the biggest treat here, despite being located so close to the highway, is how QUIET it was! What a fantastic sleep I got, really quiet room, couldn’t hear anything in the hallways, good water pressure, clean room, pretty much everything you want to check off when you’re looking for a restful night’s sleep happened here at Comfort Inn.

Also staff here were cheerful too which puts the icing on the cake. Highly recommended hotel, 5 star experience from a 2~3star location, terrific.

Room Tip: First floor is pet friendly
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2017

We were three in a queen room with a sofa bed. I felt bad for my sister in law who was sleeping on the sofa bed. The mattress really needs to be changed; way to thin, not enough padding. Maybe I could have put a few blankets underneith the mattress so she could be more comfy. I told the front desk about the sofa bed. She said she would report it to maintenance. I wonder if they did something to improve that sofa bed.
We stayed 3 nights so we could visit relatives. The first night, I was awaken at 1:30am, with loud next door neighbours; people laughing and talking loud....I didn't call the front desk for fear to wake up my sister in law. Everything calmed down at 5am......The next night was as noisy as ever. We could hear people circulating alongside our patio door, running and laughing and banging on the wall as if they were throwing a ball on the wall...my husband finally got fed up and call the front desk to report the incident. The girl said to him: I will try to let them know. What on earth did she mean by *I will try to * The girl at the front desk must have heard all that noise from outside the motel and inside the motel. I think a suggestion is in order. Wouldn'T it be wise and for security reason to have a personel or staff member walking the hallway a few times during the night to make sure that there is peace and quiet?

Room Tip: probably closer to the front desk or make sure there are no back alley behind your room
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mlbedard
Reviewed 16 May 2017

Warmly greeted. Slightly stuffy room aired out quickly with windows (which open!) and climate control on "fan" that day. Comfortable bed, auto-check-out.
Very near a major highway but noise was not an issue.
On a 2-lane side-street, easy to get in and out of from either direction.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
GMcn303, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! We are glad to hear that your stay was enjoyable! Hope to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Catharines
1.7 km away
Canadas Best Value Inn - St. Catharines
6.9 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the-Lake
Hilton Garden Inn Niagara-on-the...
#8 of 16 in Niagara-on-the-Lake
6.4 km away
Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!