“Delicious vegetarian food!”
Review of Rise Above

Rise Above
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Rise Above is an all vegan restaurant and bakery, located in the heart of downtown St. Catharines, Ontario. We use only plant-based ingredients because we believe that it is possible to eat well and enjoy life without harming other species or our environment. We specialize in comfort foods, healthy choices, and fresh baked desserts.
Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

Every time we come I'm always super impressed. Great twists on classic dishes, totally vegan - the fresh baked bread is awesome, the cocktails are intriguing and tasty, and the food is always outstanding. Exceeds expectations every time.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

We are locals who have always wondered about this place. We have a daughter who is vegetarian so thought we would try it out. Food was delicious, better than expected! Service was great. Reasonably priced. We will be back! Thank you!

Reviewed 22 May 2017

Nice to try something new...didn't have a lunch reservation..no one standing at the front service area...walked to the back and told to go stand at the front...only to be brought back to the table we were standing next to originally. Service was slow...which is a shame as the food was very good...and when I say slow it wasn't a complaint against the kitchen but the service staff. Very poor service...servers spent more time behind the service counter than taking care of the customers...put down your smoothie and see if someone needs something. My friend ordered wine when we placed our food order and had to ask for it 15 to 20 min after sitting there and they seemed surprised she wanted it before her entree arrived...these people have obviously not worked in the restaurant industry long...don't know if I would go back. Would not have even given the rating I did if not for the quality of the food. Too bad because food was extremely flavourful. When are restaurants going to learn...poor service will kill your business.

Reviewed 18 May 2017

Everything was spot on for my group's dinner at Rise Above.

I highly recommend the kale caesar salad as an appetizer - I couldn't tell it was vegetarian - it was delicious.

The mushroom mac & cheese was very good too. The portions may seem small, however the food is rich and hearty! Try the cheese cake for dessert - it was wonderful.

Service and atmosphere are both top notch, I will definitely return.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

Me and a couple friends dines at Rise Above for a friends birthday recently. I made a reservation for 2 and then had to change it to 3, the person I spoke to let me know I would be sitting at a smaller table as all of the bigger ones had already been reserved, which I was completed ok with. The service, the food and the ambiance was incredible as always. My disappointed came when as we were ordering dessert. We were informed that they required this table for the next reservation and may not have time to finish our dessert. One of the girls who frequents this restaurant spoke with the owner, and unfortunately he made us aware he couldn't accommodate us. Here is my issue, when I booked for 2 I wasn't told our table had a time limit, when I called back and changed the reservation I again wasn't told our table had a time limit, when we were seated.... weren't told. I understand how busy this restaurant is and I fully respect time limits need to be put in place, but I feel communication to you patrons is necessary. So for those who aren't aware like me I suggest you ask as you may not be told.