“Amazing Service along with the best Sushi in Niagara! Yummie!”
Review of East Izakaya

East Izakaya
Ranked #17 of 480 Restaurants in St. Catharines
Price range: US$11 - US$34
Cuisines: Sushi
Description: Japanese and BBQ
Description: Japanese and BBQ
Reviewed November 15, 2017

All I can say is Wow! A great place for Japanese food, hot and cold. My husband and daughter love Sushi. I love the hot plates they have. Love all you can eat experience here at East Izakaya. You order your food from a tablet. They show the photos on the menu, of everything you can order. Lunch time it cost $20 Dinner $30 But it is a great time with friends and family. We have been 3 times in 2 weeks. They staff are very friendly and helpful in explaining the dishes. They also come around with the latest grilled meats on a scur. This will be our go to place from now on. We don't live in St. Catharines, but it is worth the 25Kms to eat out. Soooooo Goood!

Reviewed November 8, 2017

You stay where you are and order as much as you like, as often as you like, no doubt for as long as you like, from a tablet on your table which shows pictures of everything that's available. Fascinating! Oriental fare but excellent quality and a wide choice. We'll be going back!

Reviewed October 17, 2017 via mobile

I recently had the pleasure to dine at East Izakaya. I travel a lot and have been to many different types of restaurants from fine dining to zagat rated and all you can eat.

As for East I wasn't sure what to expect due to some of the reviews Ive read on here most are very good so I decided to try it for myself.

From the momenr I walked in I was greeted warmly. The restaurant was busy but the hostess promptly sat my friend and I. My friend has never tried Japanese food before so this was a first for her.

The decor of the restaurant is very nice, upscale but laid back. Nicer than any all you can eat restaurant that I have been before.

The food: Fresh skewers are brought to your table right away, throughout the evening we had pineapple, bacon wrapped top sirloin, garlic shrimp etc. It was all delicious. You have the option to try some or not but it is included in your all you can eat meal. The sushi was excellent. From presentation to freshness to taste it was all superb. You see many people take a picture of their food before they eat here because it looks like a work of art. The items from the wok was amazing as well, general Tao chicken was tasty, rocky shrimp was amazing.

The service: The servers were all very friendly and professional. Drinks were always full and napkins replaced frequently. It was our first time here and they explained everything to us and made our dining experience very enjoyable. Very friendly staff you can tell they take enjoy their job.

Definately musy try. We will be coming back soon. There is a reason why this restaurant is so busy. Food is excellent and service is great. Two things that make a restaurany worth going to.

Thanks East! I have found my new favorite place to go!

Reviewed October 16, 2017

I have had a lot of great sushi in my life. St. Catherine's was not where I expected to find a restaurant that made the list! $30 all you can eat was well worth it. The food was delicious. The use of technology to order the food was cool and the look and feel of the restaurant was fantastic. Portions were a decent size for an all you can.

Reviewed October 15, 2017

My wife and I stopped in for supper before catching a concert at the nearby Meridean Centre. It was a fun buffet experience... ordering different food off of the iPad and having it delivered to our table. The staff were quite professional and the food was tasty, although I'm not sure that I would say it was "amazing". You are definitely paying more here for the experience/atmosphere than you are for the actual meal.
Having said that, the evening was quite enjoyable and I have no complaints. Would I go back? If it was cheaper I would definitely go more often... at $29 a plate (for the weekend) it was a nice experience, but not sure I'd do it again.