“First time eating Japanese food and loved it”
Review of Amakara Japan

Amakara Japan
Ranked #57 of 502 Restaurants in St. Catharines
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed January 29, 2017

My son chose this restaurant for dinner and what a great choice he made. The restaurant is small and quaint. The servers were polite and helpful and the food was fresh and very good. We will definitely be back.

2  Thank Clappyy
Chien C, Owner at Amakara Japan, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2017

Thank you for the lovely compliment. We are very happy that you and your family enjoyed your dinner at Amakara Japan. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sues and Chien

Reviewed January 7, 2017

I have been a customer for 30 years Its a saturday night 9:03 kitchen closes at 9 :30 I tried to place an order at 9:03. I get this young man on the phone telling me he bought the business three months ago and he has a family too and will not place my order.Maybe this is the wrong profession for this young man.Never heard of a restaurant owner who closes his restaurant so early and turns away business on a saturday night. Good luck to this new owner. people beware

2  Thank Corina432
Chien C, Owner at Amakara Japan, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2017

Sorry for your disappointment. On our website, we do state that our restaurant closes at 9:30 and the last order is at 9:00. We have not received any complaints about our closing time in the past, however, to avoid future confusion or misunderstanding, we will change it to “Kitchen closes at 9:00pm, Monday to Saturday.”

We have been operating Amakara Japan since 2014 and Sues, the current owner, had worked with the previous owner for over 20 years.

Reviewed November 16, 2016 via mobile

Easily the best place to go for sushi/sashimi in the city, the quality is amazing and I have stopped going anywhere else once I was introduced to it. The servers are very friendly and accommodating, I go there quite a bit and so some of the staff has even learned my name which is an added bonus. I have never had a problem and will continue to go until I'm sick of it (which will be never). :)

3  Thank Mary N

Thank you for the lovely compliment. The feedback like yours is the great encouragement to keep us better and better. Cheers!! We hope to see you again soon!

Sues and Chien

Reviewed September 4, 2016 via mobile

We ate twice at this little restaurant while we were visiting the city. The sushi and sashimi was great although the service was a bit slow. I would have given a 5, but they didn't have the type of saki that we ordered from their menu.

1  Thank Wendy P
Reviewed July 23, 2016 via mobile

My girlfriend and I went to Amakara for a date night. The food was amazing as always. We got rolls and an app to share. We usually do takeout. Everything I have had there so far has been great. Service is pretty good. Treated well and always with a smile. So much better than the all you can eat sushi places!

2  Thank kfalovo