New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #19 of 88 Stratford B&B and Inns
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Highly recommended.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

My wife and I spent 5 nights at the Q & A while attending the Shakespeare Festival in July. The location was excellent, within easy walking distance of each theater. Our room was large and well-appointed. William, the owner, was available whenever needed. He was personable, but never intrusive. Breakfast was fantastic and the conversation stimulating. We were already planning our next trip to Stratford and the Queen and Albert before we left the city limits on our way home.

Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank StLoMo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Ida, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2011

We found the facility to be exceptionally maintained, the owner Willian Broad is a consummate host. We enjoyed our stay and will continue to utilize the Queen and Albert in the future.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2011

My Daughter had the Paris Room and as a French Major loved it.I had the New York room as as a light sleeper it was the ideal room for me.The outside balcony which adjoined the 2 rooms was a great place for us to Rendezvous

The location is ideal for getting either downtown (10-12 minute walk) or the Festival Theatre (5 minute walk)

The breakfasts we had were varied and delicious.

we will be back !!!

1 Thank annabanna_11
Huntington Woods, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2011

This was my 4th time visiting Stratford and my 4th attempt at finding a hotel/B&B that suited our group. I won't be looking further because we all agree that The Queen and Albert is perfect for us. My parents enjoyed their room on the first floor (as stairs are difficult for them) while my teenage sons and I were upstairs in very generously sized rooms. William was a lovely host, a little quiet at first, but ask a few questions and you will discover that he is a world traveler with many a story to tell. We put on our own little pizza and pastry indoor "picnic" late one evening after a play. It was great fun just eating and chatting with each other and William. The next morning we awoke to a tasty and ample breakfast. The Queen and Albert is a warm and comfortable B&B, and in the morning, when the sun pours in the front windows to fill the living and breakfast room with light, you will be hooked!

Markham, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2011

I have just returned from a solo trip to Stratford on the weekend of June 18-19. In planning my trip, I researched a number of accommodation options and decided to stay at another hotel, but it was booked for the dates of my stay. Boy was that a bit of luck!

LOCATION: While some people would prefer to stay in a hotel that is 'closer to the action', I believe the location of the Queen and Albert makes it a perfect choice. Being off the main street where all the traffic is, you are guaranteed a quiet sleep, while being able to walk to any important locations in the city. I arrived on Saturday and parked my car in William's parking lot at the B&B. I did not get back in my car until I left on Monday morning. The hotel is within 500 metres of the Festival Theatre and just a little bit further to the river and restaurants on Ontario Street. Can't beat that!

SERVICE: Being the only person staying at the B&B on Saturday and Sunday, I had William's undivided attention. While this was merely a coincidence, and I imagine his level of service would be the same no matter how many guests were present, I truly appreciated his time. Being an experienced traveller myself, it was interesting to hear of William's worldwide adventures which he happily shared before, during and after preparing my delicious breakfast.

FOOD: The nightly room rate at the Queen and Albert includes a many course breakfast. On both mornings I was there, William offered me cereal, croissant, fresh fruit, yogurt, toast and a hot entree. The first morning I had a mushroom, asparagus and cheese omelette and on the second I had a variation on egg's benedict. Coffee and tea are available in the morning so you can sit and enjoy a cup while on your private balcony or in the comfortable living room, listening to music on the great Bose sound system.

ROOMS: I stayed in the Paris room which overlooks the breakfast area. The room was simply arranged and I mean this in a good way. The bed was incredibly comfortable and the noise was limited to hearing birds out my balcony door, but only once I opened it. The house is air conditioned and there is a ceiling fan in each room. One of the best features of the rooms is the presence of a fridge. Knowing this before I went, I brought my own drinks and snacks.

Being so close to the Festival Theatre, I was able to go out shopping on Sunday morning, take a walk along the river, and then return to the room to change before the show. Because my breakfast had been so plentiful, I only had a snack for lunch and then enjoyed an early supper after the matinee show. Stratford is a relaxing and enjoyable destination with high quality theatre performances. I found the city much less crowded than Niagara on the Lake.

Congratulations and thank you William, for helping to make this a most enjoyable, and perhaps yearly, trip.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank kbeale27
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

We had a lovely time. William was extremely accommodating with our schedule. We booked late, arrived later than we thought and he was very sweet!

We stayed in the Paris room and it was a large room. We also peeked into the New York Room and we would stay there as well. Both rooms have their own bathrooms and a balcony which would be lovely in the morning. Everything was clean and what you would want from a B&B. Homey, roomy and charming!

We took a walk before breakfast to the river and worked up an appetite. Breakfast choices incuded cereal, yogurt, good coffee and a wide selection of tea choices. There was also fresh fruit and a hot breakfast which was delicious!

We would recommend the Queen and Albert B&B to other visitors to Stratford. It's a close walk to the Festival Theatre and not far to the main strip of shops and restaurants.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Livonia, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2011

Simply lovely, pleasant and clean. I enjoyed having a sitting area in the bedroom. The quality of the picture on the TV could had been better. the decor and background music provided a very relaxing experience. Breaskfast choices were healthy and tasty ! We'll be back.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple