All reviewscooked breakfastliving roomfront porchstratford festivalterryapartmenthostbathtubhousehomemuffins
Reviewed November 1, 2016 via mobile

For my 50th birthday, my boyfriend booked a romantic getaway for us in Stratford. The plan was fine dining (we went to The Prune - fabulous!!!!), followed by MacBeth (didn't understand the language, but It was fantastic none-the-less) and finally a night in a romantic bed and breakfast. I guess two out of three ain't bad.
Agincourt Manor is a beautiful century old building in a good location. It has 4 apartment style suites, each with full kitchen and seating area. The two suites on the second level have 2 bedrooms and the two on the third level have 1.
We walked into our suite at the back of the manor on the third level, the "Sommerset Suite", and were immediately taken aback by the, let's call it, 'retro' decor. I felt like I was in a furnished rooming house, not a $179 per night bed and breakfast. The owners took over the manor 20 years ago and I'm certain most of the furniture was older than that, but not old enough to be called antique (except the cool 1950s stove in the kitchen). I've sold better furniture in yard sales. The biggest disappointments were the bedroom and bathroom. They were clean, and the bed was comfortable, but those are the only good things I can say about them. There was nothing attractive about any of it. I'm pretty sure the bed spread was as old as I am, as it was tattered and faded, and the linens in the bathroom were about the same.....scratchy and small. On their website, they say the bed is "attractive". Really? NOT a chance!
If you're staying for an extended period and need the basic ammenities, this is your place, but if you're looking for a romantic getaway, don't choose the Sommerset Suite. When my boyfriend booked, there was no indication which suite we were getting, just that we were getting one with a single bedroom. We won't make that mistake again.

We let ourselves into the other suites because the doors were open and they weren't being rented. There was a WORLD of difference between our suite and the others. The decor was less institutional and perhaps a bit more stylish??? They were still fairly "retro", but somehow were more inviting and attractive.

Now for breakfast: 9 am sharp, non-negotiable. The dining room was full of antiques and old world decor. The owners (I couldn't tell you their names because they didn't tell us) were friendly and pleasant. We were waited on by the husband. He was kind and welcoming, and quickly served us our tea and coffee. He entertained us with the history of the mansion. Breakfast itself left much to be desired. There were some cakes on the table which were tasty but nothing to write home about. On our plate was a dollop of scrambled eggs, 2 small slices of dry peameal bacon, and spoonful of McCain frozen hash brown potatoes, all placed in their respective "corners" of the plate. I could've made a more impressive breakfast using a microwave! Seriously!?!?!? We're paying $179 plus tax. Give us a meal to remember for the right reasons.

I've stayed at other bed and breakfasts for less money and have not been the least bit disappointed. The meal has always been fantastic and the room has always been beautiful.

Needless to say, this was a bit of a disappointment for the purpose of our getaway. Despite the fact that the room was clean, the property beautiful, and the owners pleasant, I don't think we'll be patrons at this establishment again.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Patricia M
Reviewed October 19, 2016

This was our first bed and breakfast stay because we always thought we would be sharing space with the owners. Agincourt Manor has its own self-contained suites with a living room,kitchen, bed and bath. We even had a jaccuzi bathtub. The suite was tastefully decorated and spotless. Breakfast was excellent in the elegant dining room. We shared theatre experiences with the other guests and make new friends.. It was delightful. Excellent and comfortable accomodations and so quiet. I would recommend to everyone to stay here.

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues, let the staff know at booking. There are stairs.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bizzqueen
Reviewed October 16, 2016 via mobile

Celebrating a milestone birthday, escaping to beautiful Stratford and this grand old lady the Agincourt Manor.

Settled in a community of stunning homes and tree lined streets your little more than a nice walk from the downtown area.

The "suites" are really small apartments. Ours, the Chatsworth is rather large with two bedrooms straddling a fully supplied and functional kitchen, living room with dining area. Perfect for two girls escaping for the weekend!!

Beds are comfy and there is a huge wrap around porch to while away any free time you might have! A gourmet breakfast to set you up for the day of exploring.

A great find and very reasonably priced!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 26, 2016

Four couples enjoyed a relaxing stay at the Agincourt Manor in two apartments each with two bedrooms, a kitchen, living and dining room. The quiet, air conditioned apartments sported antique furnishings and international collectables. The wide front porch provided a comfortable place for a picnic lunch. Our host Terry was very helpful and served a delicious breakfast. This proved to be a wonderful place to stay while we visited Stratford to see plays at the Festival, play golf and shop.

Room Tip: The Windemere apartment has a wonderful view of the front gardens and jet tub.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2016

my sister snd I had a king suite on the third floor which was so comfortable with our own then, lounge to watch tv and relax , gorgeous bathroom with walk in shower , beautiful comfortable bedroom ..the owner Avery was so helpful , he delivered fresh baked goods
To our door both mornings as we couldn't make it down to breakfast in the dining room.
The three lights were something I was willing to try even though I am mobility comprised following a stroke but they actually were more strenuous and daunting than I imagined.
Terry helped us with our bags as my sister usually has to haul all of my stuff as well as hers due to my disability, The house was lovely, old Victorian home of red brick with plenty of parking and a gorgeous large open porch with nice furniture where one could enjoy the beautiful wewther.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family