All reviews english room led lights fresh fruit watch the world festival theatre next year dining room look forward coffee maker memorable stay breakfast is served ontario st location is ideal short walk other guests each morning dietary restrictions
Reviewed May 23, 2017 via mobile

The Chisholms B & B gets top marks on all counts. This would include the location - an easy walk to the theatre - the warm welcome provided by the owner, Heather, the comfort and cleanliness of the rooms, and certainly the breakfasts that are prepared with the best ingredients and served with great attention to detail. Note that you will be greeted on arrival by Heather's elderly dog, Stella, whose bark is all show since she is a real softie at heart.
This was our first stay but we will definitely return.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Heather7963, Owner at The Chisholms in Stratford, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2017

Thank you Dennis for your kind review. It was super to have you visit. It's early in the theatre season and Stella is loving the comings and goings of guests. I think that it is adding years to her life.
I look forward to your next visit. Let's wish for fine weather and sit on the porch with a glass.

Reviewed April 30, 2017

We came up to Stratford from the Detroit area to grab a show at the Festival Theater, and stayed at The Chisholms, for our anniversary. The place was very charming, and Heather was a great host ! We would certainly go back.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Heather7963, Owner at The Chisholms in Stratford, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2017

Thank you Alan! It is always a pleasure to have anniversary getaways in Stratford. I am very happy to share the hospitality of Chisholm House.
Happy Anniversary!

Reviewed April 28, 2017

We took a last minute early season trip to Stratford and to save time used the Hospitality page for booking accommodations at the same time we purchased theatre tickets through the Stratford Festival Website. The look of the Chislholms appealed to us and so we booked the Red Room.
This is a lovely Italianate home. The rooms are all thematically decorated using antique and good quality reproduction furnishings. There is nothing cheap or cheesy looking here! The Host has spent time and care making sure every detail is just right.
We were greeted at the door by Heather and her very friendly but calm dog. A tour of the home showed her dedication to making her guests feel welcome and comfortable. We settled into our room before setting off to get some dinner.
The Chisholms is perfectly situated for access to dining, shopping and the theatres, all of which are within an easy walking distance. You can safely park your car for the duration of your stay and make your way to everything on foot.
Heather is a master in the kitchen. I have very restrictive dietary needs, something that has been a challenge for other hosts in the past, but Heather rose to the occasion and basically invented a gluten free breakfast cake for us that was absolutely wonderful. Breakfast was expertly prepared and artfully served. I am confident that given notice ahead of time she can accommodate just about any dietary need with aplomb!
The Chilsholms is a comfortable, beautifully decorated, warmly hosted home.

Date of stay: April 2017

Thank you for your review. You were able to give a detailed description that would help any guest in planning their trip to Stratford.
Dietary restrictions are an important consideration and I enjoy the testing of new recipes and endeavouring to make your stay special. Thank you for noticing.
I look forward to meeting up again sometime.
Stella (the dog) thanks you also.

Reviewed October 30, 2016 via mobile

Heather was a wonderful host. The breakfast was filling and delicious. We had the red room an it is exactly as pictured on the web site, comfortable bed with beautiful linens. Stella her dog was so well behaved and a joy as she greeted us each time we came back. The Chisholm House is a perfect location. 10 min walk to downtown and the festival theatre and fine dining. Hope to come back next year. (Oh there were two eggs but I ate one before I thought of taking the photo)

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Heather7963, Owner at The Chisholms in Stratford, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2016

Thank you Mr. and Ms. Nevada ;) for taking the time to review Chisholm House. It has been a great season of meeting new and old guests. Stella has really enjoyed meeting people too- she's going to be sad now the season is over.

The next Stratford Festival season has been announced and the schedules will be out soon. Did you know that to become a member is only $75 and that gives you early booking in November. I love it...and I'm mentioning it because maybe someone reading will take advantage. I like to spread the good news and help folks to get the most out of the Festival and Stratford.

I hope to see you again next year. Thanks again!

Reviewed September 11, 2016 via mobile

Lovely b&b experience with a charming hostess. The only reasons it doesn't get a 5/5 are because we didn't sleep that well, there was a dog (allergies) and breakfast was very sugary (diabetic) and we weren't asked about food restrictions.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Heather7963, Owner at The Chisholms in Stratford, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2016

Thank you Ali for your review. I'd like to respond respectfully to your concerns so that you can have a better experience in the future and to ensure you that I have your best interests at heart.
The dog, Stella, is listed on the website but if you missed it (and it can happen!)- I have an air cleaner for the occasional guest who has a flare-up of allergies for whatever reason. I'm here to make your stay more comfortable.
The Chisholms has received commendations on its preparation of food for health limitations and religious observances. The registration form has a section for special requirements.
Your charming hostess is very happy that you came to visit. Thanks again!