All reviews english room led lights fresh fruit watch the world festival theatre next year dining room look forward coffee maker memorable stay breakfast is served ontario st location is ideal short walk other guests each morning dietary restrictions
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Just ended a 2-week stay at Chisholms. Could not have been better. Heather is a lovely, gracious hostess and a fabulous cook. She is also enormously accommodating to special requests and needs. Breakfasts are wonderful. Rooms are excellent and the location is perfect. i can’t imagine staying anywhere else.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed August 5, 2018

We have just spent 5 amazing days at The Chisholms in Stratford. Our hostess was warm, welcoming and a gourmet cook. We had gourmet breakfasts every morning with the other guests at the B&B and had lively conversations about not only the wonderful plays we had seen, but all other topics under the sun. We have been coming to the Stratford Festival for 10 years. We have stayed at many other hotels and B&B's. The Chisholms is the best accommodations we have found. Gail McGraw

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay at The Chisholms in Stratford, and we highly recommend it to anyone who values beautiful architecture, antique interiors and fabulous and friendly service. Our room was very comfortable with all the amenities you'd expect from a first class establishment. The breakfast was delicious, and served on beautiful antique china in the dining room, which was crowned by a beautiful chandelier, one of many in the house. The Chisholms is a five minute walk to the Festival Theatre and the river and parks, and a seven minute walk into the town.
Relax with a drink on the gracious wrap-around porch and watch the world go by. Thank you to Heather for such a memorable stay in Stratford.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2017

I would like to thank Heather for a super welcome and great tips, while me and my partner were staying at her wonderful B&B.This was my first time at such a place and I was really surprised by the unique touches and high end furniture and care she incorporates into her place. It was very convenient that all theaters are a comfortable walking distance away from her place and the delicious breakfast with wonderful baked goods definitely started the morning off the right way. I really liked the porch and wish I would have brought a cigar to enjoy there in the evening although I think it seats 7 or 8 it was just me out there enjoying the fresh breeze. I would definitely like to return for a few more days and relax while exploring everything that Stratford offers.

Room tip: The pictures look exactly as wonderful as the place, so feel free to pick a room based on them and you wont be disappointed.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Heather7963, Owner at The Chisholms in Stratford, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2017

I'd like to thank you for taking the time to review Chisholm House. It's always a pleasure to have happy guests.
Stella and I look forward to your next visit.
Cheers, Heather

Reviewed June 24, 2017 via mobile

Just spent four nights at The Chisholms. This property is a very short walk from the downtown shopping/dining district. The English room was well appointed and quite comfortable. The rooms are meticulously maintained. The breakfasts are amazing! Heather incorporates farm fresh fruits and veg into delicious dishes each morning. I must say, the hospitality here is welcoming and appreciated. Stella, the resident pup, just made the stay doubly enjoyable! Looking forward to my next visit!

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Heather7963, Owner at The Chisholms in Stratford, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2017

It's super that you would take the time to say some lovely things about your stay here at Chisholms. I think that Stella is fast becoming a star! I will let her know in the best way I can- (with food).
I hope to see you again soon.
Cheers, Heather