All reviews coffee cake gallery suite rose room new owners a nice place to stay an easy walk three nights within walking distance tom patterson stay there again victorian hostess matinee olde downtown festival kitchenette
Reviewed August 12, 2017

When we walked into the Arbour Garden Bed & Breakfast, there was no one in the lobby and no sign on how to get anyone’s attention. But there was the wonderful aroma of a coffee cake cooling in the kitchen. Following its smell, we found out hostess, Joan.

We soon learned that Joan was a lot like that coffee cake, warm and wonderful.

While the bedroom was small, it was decorated nicely and you felt welcomed. The bathroom was surprisingly big when compared to the bedroom. It was clean and nicely appointed.

The Arbour Garden is a small bed & breakfast, the common areas are lacking, which is not a problem if you plan to spend your time exploring Stratford and attending plays. It is conveniently located near the Avon River and is an easy walk to the Tom Patterson Theater and downtown.

Breakfast is served at a common dining room table, which we enjoyed. It was fun talking to our fellow guests and listening to their adventures.

While we are willing to recommend this B&B, we do have one caution. It is up for sale and Joan is the person who makes this B&B such a nice place to stay.

Date of stay: August 2017
2  Thank fffgggghhhh
Reviewed August 15, 2016

It was our first time in Stratford and Joan have helped more than we asked for. It was a really last minute booking. We bought the tickets for the show and had nowhere to stay and didn't want to settle for Kitchener. I emailed Joan and she responded right away.
The room was cozy and the breakfast was delicious. Even though it was only 1 night but we had a great time. Would recommend this gem to anyone.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Weber W
Arbourgarden, Owner at Arbour Garden Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2016

Thank you Weber for your positive review! We're glad you had a good experience at our B&B and hope to see you again soon. Thank you for choosing our home for your Stratford vacation. Joan

Reviewed July 24, 2016

Just left this amazing B&B. Cannot wait to return. Stayed in the top level, Gallery. Loved, loved, loved it! We utilized the beautiful private balcony porch for morning coffee and evening drinks. Joan and her husband were the best! Great breakfast! They went out of their way to accommodate us, above and beyond. Perfect location.

Room tip: Loved the Gallery Suite
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Arbourgarden, Owner at Arbour Garden Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2016

Thanks so much for your review Lorilynn, it was a pleasure having you ladies stay with us! We're glad you enjoyed our newly renovated Gallery Suite and hope to see you again soon, Joan

Reviewed January 7, 2016

Wonderful B&B! Great location! Easy walk to lovely park, theatre and the town! Room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was delicious. Joan was a wonderful hostess. I was there for one night in June 2015. I would stay there again.

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
Arbourgarden, Owner at Arbour Garden Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2016

Thanks you for your kind review. We appreciate our guests and their positive comments. Hope you can make it back to see a show in 2016! Joan

Reviewed August 29, 2015

I stayed at Arbour Garden Bed and Breakfast for 2 nights at the end of August. I picked this place based on the reviews on trip advisor. I was so glad that I decided to stay here. Joan was a very lovely hostess. She is very friendly and knows a lot about Stratford. It was like staying with friends. Joan recommended a play for me to go and see and I really enjoyed it. She also knows a lot about the plays in Stratford and good places to go and have dinner. There are 4 rooms. I stayed in The morning glory room which is the smallest room. It was very clean and had a private bathroom across the hall. There are robes provided for the trip across the hall to the bathroom. There is also free Wifi which worked great. The breakfasts were huge and were delicious and I didn't need to eat lunch. Joan picked me up at the bus stop and dropped me off which I really appreciated. I highly recommend this place. It is one of the top bed and breakfasts in Stratford. I would stay here again. Thank-you so much Joan for an enjoyable stay.

Room tip: All rooms require stairs to get to. They are all great.
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank jlalders
Arbourgarden, Owner at Arbour Garden Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2015

Thank you Janet for your lovely review. It was a pleasure having you stay with us while you enjoyed our lovely city and great plays. We hope you can make it back soon! Joan