“Looking forward to my next visit to 100 Church St B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stratford
A Hundred Church Street Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #11 of 88 Stratford B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 October 2014

I visited 100 Church St B&B in May and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a warm and inviting place to stay while visiting Stratford.

Kelley and Daniel are gracious and hospitable hosts who make you feel part of the family. Their knowledge of the area meant I got great recommendations on everything from coffee houses, shops, walking trails and shows to see.

The B&B has open common areas are stocked with beverages and homemade sweets. There are also books, movies and games available to guests. The front porch is a great place to spend a lazy afternoon reading. The location is perfect, a short walk to downtown restaurants, shopping and the theaters.

Breakfast each morning was amazing with hot entrees served at your convenience. The meal also included exotic smoothies, homemade breads and muffins and local fruit, cheeses and jams.

I’m looking forward to my next visit!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Karen M
Kelley647, Owner at A Hundred Church Street Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2015

So happy to host you for your annual visit to Stratford. See you in May when the snow is GONE.

Reviewed 29 September 2014

Every detail is attended to at this newly renovated B&B, with gourmet breakfasts, extraordinarily comfortable beds, fine linens, a beautiful sitting porch, and big, fluffy towels. Kelley and Daniel have done an amazing job of paying attention to details and it makes for a remarkably comfortable stay. Everything is in walking distance: theatres, restaurants, shopping, even a local grocery store with local produce to take home. I have visited A Hundred Church Street twice this year and can recommend the Citrine Room for it’s large king size bed and spacious washroom and the Rose Quartz Room, with an equally comfy queen size bed and a deep soaking tub. Then there are the lovely cookies each afternoon and the 24 hour coffee and tea bar that allowed us to sit and talk about the show in the lovely guest parlour until the small hours of the night. Truly, this B&B is perfect for the quiet get away. I will be back!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank LightTraveller416

We look forward to seeing you again soon and thank you for your positive review!

Reviewed 29 September 2014

I stayed at 100 Church Street Bed and breakfast in May. The hosts Kelley and Daniel were pleasant,. The food was outstanding, the rooms clean and comfortable. Their tips on local shops and restaurants was spot on. I look forward to visiting there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kimberley M

Thank you for your detailed and positive review. We look forward to seeing you again this year!

Reviewed 23 September 2014

A Hundred Chuch Street Bed and Breakfast, is a quiet, yet modernized bed and breakfast, located within the perfect distance to the waterfront and the city centre, and Avon theatre.
I went there over the summer, and found the experience quite wonderful. The home itself is grand, and well finished, with excellently finished new washrooms, and gorgeous living and dining rooms. I stayed in the "Moonstone Room", which faces out onto church street. It was an immensely comfortable room, and made me instantly feel comfortable and welcome.

The hosts themselves are some of the most cordial people you will ever meet, both brimming with interest and passion for their business, and the town in which they have chosen to reside. Kelley is a wonderful, charming host, and delivers some of the best, freshest, and surprisingly healthiest food around. (It's gluten free! Which is one of the B&B's greatest surprises, because it tastes better than anything with gluten in it I've ever consumed for breakfast) On the other hand, Daniel is a calm and restful host, who seemed to always be a peace and open to your ideas and conversation. Very friendly hosts and atmosphere overall, with wonderful food.

My visit at "A Hundred Church Street" was for the purpose of visiting the town, exploring its culture, and viewing a few plays at the nearby theatre. I found the accommodation perfect for my purpose, as did a couple and a family also staying at the B&B

To conclude, if you are staying the night in Stratford, there is no better place to stay than at "A Hundred Church Street" Bed and Breakfast.

Room Tip: The moonstone room is the best in my opinion
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Brendan H

Thank you for your generous review and so very glad you enjoyed your time with us.

Reviewed 23 September 2014

The b&b is in an excellent location, especially with my mobility issues, I had no trouble at all getting to the events I had booked. It is a beautiful b&b well maintained, well really over the top. The kind of place you can imagine having a happy childhood in. The owners were very sociable and welcoming, very easy to strike a conversation with and had plenty of information about the town (you do need a reservation at Molly Blooms for dinner).

The rooms are well appointed with one really big exception. I don't like sleeping on my head and the bed in the rose room is such that if you sleep at the head of the bed your head is below you feet and if you turn around to sleep the other way, well I'm tall and it didn't work. We came in after the show and it was quite late so we didn't bother anyone. But i didn't get any sleep at all and skipped the breakfast feeling too irritated to engage in any kind of conversation.

I would hope that in future the owners will take a little more care to make sure the beds are positioned comfortably, and also just because they drink tea, not to assume that everyone does. They only had dark roast coffee, I don't drink dark roast coffee so had to stopped at TH to grab one and have something to eat.

All in all a terrific place and maybe this was a one off, maybe something slipped in the bed frame or the bed levellers moved. This really spoiled our little 8th anniversary get away.

Room Tip: if you do book the rose room take some time to lay on the bed to make sure it's comfortable. Ot...
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Kelley647, Owner at A Hundred Church Street Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2014

As soon as Robert suggested the bed was off level, we went upstairs with a 5 foot level to check the bed and the floor (Daniel is a stonemason, so he has several long levels) . We were actually surprised the bedroom floor was level, since it is a 1902 house.The bed also registered level, so we are not sure what happened to ruin Robert’s sleep, but it was not an out of level bed. Over 100 guests have stayed in this room this season and we have only heard positive comments from those that have stayed in our Rose Quartz room. We know this because we deliberately ask each guest how they slept and for suggestions for enhancements, looking for ways to improve our B&B. So we don’t know what happened with this guest’s sleep experience, but our level suggests it was not an out of level bed nor floor, as do the many positive guest comments who have slept in the same bed.

We do appreciate the suggestion for adding medium roast to the coffee selections for our self serve coffee. You were the first to ask for it, but we will happily add it to our choices for the 24 hour coffee service. Thank you for the suggestion.

We are genuinely sorry you had a bad night’s sleep in our B&B and wish you the best for the rest of the year.

Reviewed 23 September 2014

A Hundred Church Street is an absolutely fabulous B&B on a quiet street in Stratford yet just a couple of blocks away from the centre of town with great restaurants. This newly renovated property is replete with style and has guest comfort as the top priority. The B&B is run by hosts Daniel and Kelly who were gracious throughout our stay, helpful in recommending sites, attractions and terrific restaurants for dinner, and just made us feel completely welcomed & relaxed.

The entire house is beautiful. The renovations the hosts undertook were beautifully done and evidently well thought out with the comfort of guests being paramount. The furniture and artwork are carefully chosen giving the B&B a sophisticated charm. The place was spotlessly clean and fresh with obviously new sound muffling carpets throughout. I am very sensitive to scents and could not find a whiff of musty or old at any point -- the hosts obviously pay great attention to every detail for aesthetics and comfort.

We had full access to a lovely parlour off the dining area that has 24 hour access to tea & coffee with scrumptiously homemade cookies in the afternoons. There were big cushioned outdoor chairs on the veranda, where I read a book, overlooking their lovely garden with a small fountain quietly burbling away.

We stayed in the Citrine Room while our son stayed in the Moonstone Room. It would be hard to choose which one of these was better than the other since both were differently styled but equally charming. The Citrine Room had a huge kingsize bed with a tempur-pedic topper. I had the best sleep that I had in weeks and now know that my own bed at home needs some updating. The bed linens, pillows and bathroom towels were fresh and plentiful. Very good quality toiletries were available and a new hairdryer was in the bathroom (an absolute must for me when I travel). The artwork, furniture and linens were coordinated perfectly. The drapes allowed lots of light in and there were shades that one could pull down to darken the room for an even better rest. I didn't watch the television in the room so I can't comment on it, but Kelly showed us the vast collection of DVDs that we could take up to our room for viewing.

The Moonstone room bed was high off the floor with lovely linens that coordinated with the rest of the room. It had a large window and curtains/blinds to block out the light (but who would want to?). The bathroom sparkled with all new fixtures, lovely tiles and huge stained-glass window and gorgeous walk-in shower.

The breakfast was scrumptious and falls into the category "I can't believe that gluten-free can taste so good!". The fruit salad was inventive and fresh, the crustless breakfast quiche was award winning and every thing brought to the table was delicious. It was filling without being heavy and very easy to digest being gluten-free. I had told Kelly in advance about my food allergies and she made sure that they were not included in my breakfast.

Since I have returned home I have raved about this place to friends and family. I will be returning in to A Hundred Church Street and instead of doing the Stratford Theatre as a day trip. My next trip will involve an overnight stay in order just to stay another night at this great B&B. Well done!

Room Tip: The "Citrine" room was completely quiet with an amazingly comfortable bed and spacious, we...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Serenity H

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you again in June. Thank you for the generous and positive review.

Reviewed 15 September 2014

Essentially everything at this B&B is pretty good. From the location to the cleanliness you can only really complain if you're being picky. There was parking, toiletries supplied and locks for each room. The head scratching part came with the breakfast. The website specifically says to let them know in advance any food allergies etc for accommodation which was one of the reasons why I selected this B&B. Few days beforehand I emailed them and got a confirmation reply. When we received our breakfasts we asked to confirm if the specified items weren't there. The host seemed uncertain and ended up having to cook one of the breakfast again. This is all while she went on a whole list of items the next guest can't eat. So while she can remember one guest she can't for another. Unfortunately to me this is failing 50% on what a bed and "breakfast" offers.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Kelley647, Owner at A Hundred Church Street Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review--these comments help us to improve our services to our guests.

We are sorry you were disappointed with your breakfast with us. Since your time as our guest in May (our first few weeks of operation), we have refined our tacking system for food allergies and it has gone very smoothly since the changes. We do most sincerely apologize for the mistake during your stay, but hope you liked the second round of breakfast prepared just for you as well as you seemed to like our facilities and amenities mentioned in your review

Again, we apologize for your experience and have two systems in place since June to more carefully track food allergies.