All reviews john's breakfasts poppy room bali suite cocoa beach aerie suite autumn room beach suite hosts john big table smoked bacon creme brulee french toast heirloom tomatoes outdoor deck granola next year stratford festival comfortable sitting area
Reviewed July 17, 2018

My husband and I stayed at Avery House B & B in June. We stayed at the Inn Next Door in 2017. The hosts are warm and welcoming, and John’s breakfast is to die for. Unfortunately, my husband and I both came down with terrible colds. One morning, feeling too ill to join breakfast, a knock on our revealed Amanda with a tray to nourish us through the day. John also left us a lovely sack breakfast for our early morning departure for our long drive home. The property is beautifully decorated and comfortable.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2018

This place is a small sanctuary--beautifully appointed, friendly as can be. Breakfasts are a marvel--local ingredients, inventively prepared and cheerfully served around a big table with great conversation. But there's ample opportunity for quiet downtime in this wonderful B&B as well, between shows, before dinner, after breakfast. Everything is thoughtfully laid out, with the guest uppermost in mind. Location can't be beat--an easy walk to any of Stratford's theaters. John and Amanda are incredibly thoughtful, from dinner recommendations (even discount coupons!) to the chocolate treats in honor of my husband's birthday. We look forward to returning! And then there are the sumptuous sheets and extraordinary shower, possibly the best I've ever experienced ...

Reviewed July 10, 2018

Avery House was absolutely perfect. My sister/MOH and I stayed in a beautiful sunny suite in the back house for the night before the wedding, with room to sit and chat on comfy couches, plenty of space to finish ironing "the dress" and get ready, room for the hair and makeup artists to get us all done up in the morning, and fantastic natural light for photos. The highlight for me was a laid back lunch on the bright but shaded deck. Breakfast was also fantastic! The night of the wedding my new husband and I stayed in the Avery House Inn Next Door, again in a beautiful suite with comfortable seating area for unwrapping gifts the next day and a lovely deck for a private breakfast the next morning.

Notable in both places was the exceptional cleanliness (I'm a neat freak and I swear even the baseboards behind the doors were completely spotless), great bathrooms with nice showerheads, and wonderfully soft sheets. It's also a 10 minute walk to central downtown Stratford (Avon Theatre, Studio Theatre) and a 10 minute walk to the Festival Theatre. Great location.

I would highly recommend the Avery House for any event - a quiet vacation or a big day!

Reviewed July 9, 2018

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying in the Autumn room at the Avery house last week for my younger brothers wedding. The room was so cozy & perfect for us with a small sitting area for us relax. John & Amanda were fabulous hosts and made sure we were taken care of from start to finish. If I could eat John's breakfast's every day I would drive to Stratford to do so, they were delicious and fresh and able to accommodate my allergies. The communal dining room table was so fun each morning as we got to dine with others staying at the property and share stories. Thank you John & Amanda for taking such good care of us!

Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

We have been coming to Avery House for almost 10 years now. We always stay in the Avery Inn next door. It is conveniently located . The accommodation is exceptional, clean, airy and inviting and John and Amanda are always so warm and welcoming and leave extra amenities in the room to meet our taste. We can’t wait for our visit again next year.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple