“Best Jambalaya in Canada”

Bentleys Bar Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 147 Restaurants in Stratford
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Bentley's is one of Stratford's most popular restaurants, and a frequently visited pub by both locals and visitors. If you're looking for a good pub, or restaurant in Stratford with great food and friendly atmosphere, you'll feel right at home at Bentley's.
Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

If you love Jambalaya like I do you have to come to Bently's in Stratford. It comes with choizo, chicken and perfectly cooked tiger shrimp. It comes very mild but there is plenty of hot sauce on request to kick it up a notch. Went well with the Black Zwan Porter beer.

My wife had the beef short ribs and loved those also.

Breen B, Manager at Bentleys Bar Inn & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2017

Aloha Russ! Great description :) Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your visit to Bentley’s. Great to hear you and your wife enjoyed your meals and your time with us. Your feedback is extremely important to us, as it assists us in maintaining and improving our high standards.
We look forward to your visit with us again the next time you are in Stratford.
Cheers!

Reviewed October 21, 2017

The food is good, but the service was really bad the first time we went. The server tossed the table towel at me and told me to clean the table for her and was extremely pushy. The next time we went the service was great and the food was decent, leads me to believe this isn't a consistent place to eat

Breen B, Manager at Bentleys Bar Inn & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your visit to Bentley’s Wes.
We are surprised to hear our server would ask you to clean your table? We will certainly look into this. Your feedback is extremely important to us, as it assists us in maintaining and improving our high standards.
We do hope you'll visit with us again the next time you are in Stratford - and be able to comment on both good food and great service.
Cheers!

Reviewed October 16, 2017

We always stopp at Bentley's foe lunch when we arrive in Startford. Great place for lunch and a beer. Good selection of beer on tap and in bottles and cans. We usually have the wings and beer which have never disappointed. Worth the stop.

Great to hear you enjoyed your lunch and beer / and your time with us! Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your visit to Bentley’s.
Your feedback is extremely important to us, as it assists us in maintaining and improving our high standards. We look forward to your visit with us again the next time you are in Stratford. Enjoy the fall weather. Happy Halloween! Cheers!

Reviewed October 16, 2017

First of all, it took ten minutes to get a beer delivered to our table. We ordered wings and I wanted them cooked with two Blue Cheese dipping sauces instead of a topping.

When we did get the wings, I opened my napkin with cutlery in it to discover that the napkin had already been used and was dirty from another customer using it. I picked one from the next table. Wings were small and overcooked. I dipped into my Blue Cheese to discover there was something hard in one of the containers. Tried the other container and it was ok. Asked for another beer for us and waitress never came back for over 15 minutes. I asked for the bill and left.

We have been coming here for many years, but I feel the service is getting bad and the food is not as good as it used to be.

Thank Paul and Darlen... A
Breen B, Manager at Bentleys Bar Inn & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2017

Hi Paul & Darlen,
We are disappointed to hear about your experience. As you know this is certainly not the norm. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your visit to Bentley’s.
Your feedback is always extremely important to us, as it assists us in maintaining and improving our high standards.
We do hope you'll continue to visit with us again the next time you are in Stratford.

Reviewed October 16, 2017

My wife and I simply enjoy having lunch and a drink at this establishment whenever we are in Stratford. Food is very good and reasonably priced too. The staff is always friendly and service is quick.

Hi Mike,
Great to have you back! Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your visit to Bentley’s.
We look forward to you and your wife visiting with us again the next time you are in Stratford. Cheers!