“Great Fish and Chips”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2016

A group of eight stopped for lunch prior to seeing a play. The service was great and the food was very good. My wife and I shared an order of fish and chips and a salad. Both were very good. The other members of our party also enjoyed their lunches. A good selection of local drafts added to the meal.

Reviewed July 15, 2016 via mobile

We visited this friendly, lively Stratford pub just before seeing Shakespeare in Love at the Avon theatre. The menu is small, tasty, quickly prepared and professionally delivered by a splendidly organized team of friendly, capable servers. There is a nice wine list with many options by the glass or half litre.
The atmosphere is warm and happy. The layout is charming and management watches attentively to make sure patrons are happy and well-served. Definitely deserves a return visit on our next visit to this lovely city.

Reviewed July 11, 2016

Nice Irish pub for food and drinks. Menu has a large variety which is good for families. Good service and location (very close to the Avon Theatre).

Reviewed July 8, 2016 via mobile

Well thought it might be good but I was very disappointed
Liver was too thin and had to send it back because it was over cooked
Waitress asked how I wanted it cooked
I have never been asked how I want liver cooked. She said we recommend medium
So I said that was fine
To say the least it was well to burnt
She took the liver my plate and brought me another piece. It was also not appealing
Also the meat loaf was very dark on the outside. So stay clear of these items
Wouldn't go there again.

Reviewed July 6, 2016

Busy pub with lots of noise and activity so if you want a quiet lunch, pass it by. Food was mediocre but substantial, nothing special, nothing horrible.