“Always a great place to eat”
Review of Madelyn's Diner

Madelyn's Diner
Ranked #35 of 142 Restaurants in Stratford
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 20 December 2016 via mobile

Great food and generous portions. Great fish and chips and great breakfasts and burgers and fries Their pecan tarts are homemade and hard to resist. Always pleased with everything we order. Our favorite place to eat in Stratford

Reviewed 13 November 2016 via mobile

This was my second time visiting this restaurant. My first was at lunch, which I found to be just ok. Myself and 3 daughters went to a play and forgot to make reservations for dinner. The only place we could find without a wait time was Madelyn's. I guess there is a reason for that! We started by having no cutlery on the table and I was brought my salad and had to go and ask for some. My 2 youngest ordered off the children's menu....mini burgers and chicken nuggets. She couldn't even eat the nuggets as one of the pieces was so tough to chew. While we are eating, my other daughter noticed something floating in the bottom of her water!!!!!! It was a receipt! Soooooo disgusting!!! We told the server and asked for new water and she didn't seem to really think it was a big deal. My older daughter ordered the lemon baked cod. It came with mushy frozen mixed vegetable and mashed potatoes with gravy. We eat healthy and decided to make it a "cheat meal" and were rather excited to have gravy! It was so gross and hardly worth the cheat meal. I had the special which was Bruschetta Chicken. It had some salsa with melted mozzarella cheese on it and tasted mediocre at best. My veggies and mashed were disgusting as well. The smell of cooking oil in the restaurant made us all smell like a grease factory!!!!! Our clothes and hair stunk!!!!! Then the banana cream pie came. Other than the whipped cream, the filling tasted like chemical laden grossness! My younger two wouldn't even take more than a few bites. The server did give us a discount on our bill and removed one of the kids meals. Our stomachs all hurt and we felt sick the rest of the evening. I was so disappointed with this local favourite place. I will never go back nor will I recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed 4 October 2016

We visited the restaurant twice. First meals were fish and chips [A]; roast chicken salad- great chicken a bed of greens, mandarin oranges, pecans and a tart dressing.[A+].

Second visit - we each got burgers - EXCELLENT. And my wife got hers on an excellent gluten free bun [1.99 extra but worth it].

On the way out, we got a box of butter tarts - one of the best desserts I've ever had :)

Reviewed 25 September 2016

Four if us had a lovely breakfast before our long drive home.
All four ordered something different and we were all given delicious hot food. Service was wonderful. Waitresses friendly. Would def. recommend to anyone coming or going into Stratford.

Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

We sat in this establishment & I recalled how not much has changed in 30 years. And that is a great thing, Madelyn's has amazing food and great service!