“Best Fish and Chips !”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed June 26, 2017

You would expect a pub to have good fish and chips , but these were just like on the Isles. Atmosphere is old pub. friendly, noisy, well served. Nice to sit an relax and enjoy the local friendly ambience.

Reviewed June 15, 2017

Good place for lunch. Both Fish and Chips and Shepherds Pie are worth it. They usually have a good house wine ....the day I went it was a Pelee Island Merlot.....I really enjoyed it.

Reviewed June 5, 2017

Normally we avoid pubs when looking for a place to eat. But it was recommended, so we decided to try it. We were pleasantly surprised. I would pass on the recommendation.

Reviewed May 31, 2017 via mobile

I had dinner hear last night. I ordered prime rib pot pie with Guinness. When it came there were two pieces of pie crust on top. I was expecting the prime rib to be in the pie crust like in England. I was disappointed. There were also no vegetables in the pot pie. I had cheesecake for desert which was delicious. The service was excellent and this pub was very clean. Next time I come here I will order something else. They have a good menu selection.

Reviewed May 26, 2017

When we arrived in Startford for a matinee at the Avon Theatre, it was pouring rain. Eating outside from our usual sandwich place being out of the question, we decided to try the Boar's Head, attached to the Queen's Inn.

A lot is good about the Boars Head. Nice pub atmosphere and friendly, efficient service are two of the things. There is a nice selection of beers on tap. If french fries are included with what you order, you will get a lot of them.

The food is OK. The wild boar burger was served on a very ordinary bun. It consisted of cheese melted on top of a grey, unseasoned patty that looked and tasted like ground pork. But maybe that is what a cheese boarburger is suppose to be. The soup special was served so cold that it had to be returned to be reheated.

The Boar's pub is a friendly place with a nice atmosphere to have lunch, with god selection of beer. As long as you are not going especially for the food, it is worth a visit.