“Clean. Inexpensive. Simple.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 32 Hotels in Sudbury
Toronto
“Clean. Inexpensive. Simple.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2011

This place has been around since I've been around, and I'm from Sudbury. I've never had the chance to stay at a Sudbury hotel since I've moved away--until now. I made my choice based on TripAd. And I have to admit, I was surprised that it was rated so high. I've seen this place on Lorne St since I was a kid, and thought it was just a run-of-the-mill strip motel.

Glad I stayed here. Clean and simple. And I mean really clean. Really really clean. I thought that being this inexpensive that there would be "compromises." Nope. A very comfortable, firm queen bed, a desk, a TV with drawers, a microwave, fridge, and complete bathroom. Free wifi. And the price cannot be beat.

What did I miss? There is no hair dryer or ironing board and iron. The towels are older, and the tub could use reglazing. It was a bit overheated and I couldn't control the heat (so I opened the window). But those are quibbles. This is no-frills without any compromises. Nice hosts too.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 102. I don't know what the others were like, but I imagine they were the same.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank AndrewTO

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
KITCHENER
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2011

We stayed 6 nights in mid October 2011 and found the host and hostess so accommidating.
They switched our room when we didn't want to do stairs. We had a fridge, micro and reading lamps above the beds. The price was very reasonable. They did their best to help us with every request. The room was clean and cleaned well every day. They care about their motel and it shows. Upgrades are obvious in the room even though the motel is older they work hard to keep it up. Good internet and parking. Comfortable beds. Friendly folks.
Wow.

Room Tip: lower floor has no stairs.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Fay T
Fenelon Falls Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2011

I have stayed in this motel 3 times now and have always been satisfied with the cleanliness and the value. The internet is an added bonus.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Sturgeon1
toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2011

This is a family run motel, rooms are basic but very nice and clean. My boyfriend and I stayed one night here during the Thanksgiving long weekend, the staffs were so helpful and friendly. I saw the owner walking around the parking lot at night to see if there any strangers, I really appreciated that.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank juljul28
Binfield
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

The owners were very friendly but I had expected more from the hotel after I read the reviews here.
With Expedia it indicates it has a 'roof top terrace' - it does not.
The building has had many many licks of paint over the years which is fine if that is what you like, it seemed to be mainly occupied by construction workers - like the places that offer 'weekly rates'

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kenny L
imperial_01, Owner at Imperial Fireside Inn, responded to this review, 20 October 2011
First of all thanks for having time to write something as per your personal opinoin about our motel. We proud to own our property eventhough it is old referred to customer review and we keep trying our best to maintain our property neat and clean from inside to out. We have more than 89% are repeat customer business including among ie; Business class, Contractor, Workers, Travellers, Tourists, Universities, Hospitals and Social etc.

1, Our motel building has no paint because it is BRICK construction, and only original brick color.
2, We have our motel pictures (on expedia) showing it's all angles including top (roof) to bottom and room as well and same we have , there is no manipulation. We do have our priciples for doing our business with 100% honesty and intigrity forever.
3, We proud to keep a reputed (local and outside) company contractors (Manager, Foreman, Lineman, Operator) for their either long or short term project and they have their family too.

What we felt to clarify someone personal review as we have very well understanding that we have not 100% power to either justify or judge someone unless we have any practical experience.
Sudbury, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2011

My husband and I stayed one night here when we were passing through Sudbury on a road trip to Toronto. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I think pride of ownership was very evident here- the room and the property as a whole were very clean and neat. I didn't have a problem with the wireless internet as a previous reviewer wrote, so maybe the kinks are all worked out. It worked fine for me! The only downside was the noise...I did hear a lot of street noise, but I know I am probably more sensitive to noise than most people. It didn't keep me awake long, I was asleep in 10 minutes.

Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2011

Awesome place to say... It's so clean and so cute . We had a smoking room and you would never know it was, no smoke smell at all. Great and very friendly people. The beds are very comfy And the price was unbeatable! We can't wait till next years holidays to stay again!

• Stayed September 2011