My review is a copy of the e-mail that I sent to Roberta the General Manager of this property.
Would I stay here again---Definitely!!!
My email is not too timely as I stayed at your fine hotel on November 7th 2011. However it is still very sincere and I do also need to post this on Trip Advisor.
This part may not sound like a compliment but it is.
I travel frequently, about 80% to 85% of the year. Usually 2 to 3 days per week.
Anyway I had stayed in Thunder Bay in 2010. When I had my recent visit our company travel agent put me at your hotel.
I thought they were going to put me where I had previously stayed and was disappointed when I found out that I wasn’t. That was when I picked up my rental car.
Well to say the least I was pleasantly surprised by your hotel.
The friendliness; the service; the fitness center and even the free breakfast sandwich were more than I expected.
To top it off the bed!!!! The bed, and the night’s sleep, was one of the best I can ever remember having.
I came home and told my wife about the whole experience and also told her we need to get a mattress like your facility has.
I inquired about the mattress when I checked out and you were out of town at a conference but the smiling help at the front desk said if I wrote you that you’d be willing to share the mattress info.
If you have a minute or two that would be wonderful if you could share the mattress info. Do you know if there is a particular retailer that may sell them.
Thanks for your attention.
Also please pass along my compliments to all your staff for helping making traveling a joy for us road warriors and making us feel right at home. I really appreciate it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover this newly renovated Thunder Bay, Ontario hotel offering full-service accommodations near Fort William Historical Park, Loch Lommond ski resort, Thunder Bay Tournament Centre, and Kamview Nordic Ski Centre. Whether traveling for business or for pleasure, the BEST WESTERN PLUS Nor'Wester Hotel & Conference Centre has it all! Featuring an indoor swimming pool, hot tub, private steam and sauna rooms, and a full scale fitness centre. Situated in beautiful Thunder Bay, Ontario, this hotel provides guests with exceptional customer service, superb full-service amenities and an unbeatable Nor'Wester Mountain location, only 7 minutes from downtown. Guests will be treated to spacious guest rooms featuring cable television, Flat Screen TV's, Fridges, and free high-speed wireless Internet access. Suites are also available to accommodate the entire family. For a more comfortable stay on the road, our well appointed standard rooms or our luxurious suites will meet or exceed your expectations. We look forward to your next stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca and Expedia so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Norwester Hotel & Conference Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Nor`Wester Hotel And Conference Centre
- Best Western Thunder Bay
- Thunder Bay Best Western
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Norwester Hotel & Conference Centre Thunder Bay, Ontario