“A let down”

Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 14, 2018

I was visiting my family in Thunder Bay. I have been hearing for a few years good things about this restaurant and when my son and his girlfriend invited me to have lunch here, I was excited. What a disappointment. I had the monte cristo. I guess I didn't read the fine print but what the heck? Since when is there turkey and mozzarella on a monte cristo? It should be ham and Swiss cheese. The Swiss cheese makes it. And it was basically toasted bread. Not the bread fried in egg batter. Honestly, it was horrid. I also had the cream of mushroom soup. It couldn't be more bland. I had to keep adding salt and pepper. At one point I just wanted to unscrew the lids and dump it all in for some taste. Any taste. And the service was awful. After she took our orders, we didn't see her until she brought the bill. I'm not cock a doodling about this place.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank Corinne B

Reviewed February 3, 2018 via mobile

Went for lunch on Friday. Service fast, but food just mediocre. 2 of us had steak sandwich, both said steak was dry. I had veggie omelet. It was just ok. Not impressed

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank Wigsmom
Reviewed January 23, 2018

I went to Rooster's Bistro last Friday with my BILs Mom and my Nana and we absolutely loved it. There was something on the menu for everyone (my Nana is diabetic and a light eater) everything we ordered was delicious! - we had Finn pancakes, rooster wrap, reuben sandwich, yam fries and cinnamon bun's. The cinnamon bun's were the best I've ever had! They were so light and fluffy with a perfectly sticky and sweet cinnamon filling (seriously do not change these).

All of the staff were super friendly, helpful, and very accommodating with my Nana's mobility issues. If you're looking for a great sit-down breakfast or lunch or catering/take-out I'd highly recommend Rooster's Bistro. Their food is fantastic and the staff are all very friendly and helpful. The hardest part about Rooster's is leaving enough room to have dessert.

*Rooster's is wheelchair and walker friendly

* If you are coming in a large group call ahead and make a reservation

* Prices are very economical especially considering the high end product and large portion size you are getting

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank Tristie P
Reviewed December 21, 2017

Pleasant, but busy atmosphere. It isn't a quiet place, but that doesn't matter. The kids loved the food and so did we. They have something for everyone.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed December 17, 2017

Five us went for breakfast at Rooster's Bistro and no one was disappointed. It is informal with friendly service and reasonable prices. The food was great and the portions were large. I really can't say much more than this other than to get their a bit early as it fills up fast. I have not been their for lunch but I have heard good reports.

Date of visit: November 2017