There was a lot to like about this place:
1) My room was spacious and clean;
2) The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. One night clerk researched bus routes for over an hour for me, helping me find the least expensive way of traveling to the 1815 Fort re-creation outside of town;
3) There's a pay laundry machine available between the inner and outer doors in the side entrance to the motel. When a person is travelling for an extended period of time, finding a washer/dryer is almost as good as finding a pot of gold!
The only negative about the place is its location. It's out on the long, dreary strip of motels, gas stations, etc. along Memorial Avenue. I was traveling by Greyhound, so would try to get around by foot in each city I visited. It's quite a walk into the heart of downtown Thunder Bay from this motel, but it's do-able.
Over all, this place was a good value. When booking, remember that most Econo Lodges are affiliated with Travelodge, and so when booking into one, your booking might be shunted to the other.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Econo Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Econo Lodge Thunder Bay, Ontario
- Thunder Bay Econo Lodge