“Lunch Visit”
Review of Radical Gardens

Radical Gardens
Ranked #6 of 97 Restaurants in Timmins
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Description: We are an epic eatery cooking up something completely new and different everyday. Everything we cook with is sourced locally and as fresh as can be. We do our best to bring interesting and new flavors from around the world and put our spin on it. We are a farm, a market, and an epic eatery.
Reviewed 2 July 2017

Was finally able to make a stop at this fine establishment! I have been waiting a long time to visit Timmins for this very reason.

I had the poutine burger with chicken stew and rootbeer. My hubby had the beef gyro and ginger ale. Both were amazing! ( Also I don't remember the brand of pop in the cooler, but it was the best I have ever had especially the ginger ale.)

We took home a selection of deserts which included "Everything but the Kitchen Sink" doughnut 5/5, maple bacon tart 5/5, chocolate dipped cookie dough (was a gift for someone else), Gluten Free O'Henry cupcake 5/5 (I am not celiac, it just came that way) and a white chocolate dipped butterscotch cookie dough 4/5. The only reason for the 4/5 on the dipped cookie dough was it was wayy too sweet for me, so that's just a personal preference.

Inside there is two high top tables with 6 chairs at each, so if you are shy you might want to eat on the patio or just get your food to go.

They also sell a variety of produce and fresh bread.

Excited to visit again

Brianna H, Owner at Radical Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

I am so sorry that i am just getting to respond to reviews! Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! We really appreciate it. The next you're in the shop let us know and we'll give you a slice of delicious cake on the house. Much love!

Reviewed 30 May 2017

Local, good for for vegetarians, gluten-free. The place serves very creative food. They offer up some local grocery items too.

Thank you so much for the wonderful review and for taking the time to review our place. We really appreciate it. So sorry it took us so long to respond! The next time you're in the shop let us know and we'll give you a delicious tasty treat on the house.

Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

The lunch and the desert here is something to drool about. The food is amazing and the staff is very friendly. The reason for the 4 stars is the price. Every penny is worth it though. If I would have and unlimited bank account I would eat here daily.

Btw this was our first time here.

Thank you so much for the wonderful review Eric, we really appreciate it! We've always tried to do our best with our price points, sometimes it becomes difficult with premium ingredients and stuff made by skilled artisans. However, this is something that is very serious because we're all on budgets so we've come up with a soup and sandwich daily combo. $8 for a large sandwich or $12 for the sandwich and the soup. The next time you're in the shop let us know and we'll give you a tasty treat on the house. Thank you so much for coming in and try our eats!

Reviewed 8 April 2017

Went there for lunch a couple of times. The food is good. They have some original meal ideas, and I think everyone should try it once. The concept of this place is very progressive. I did have Cajun potato salad once and it was nothing special.

Overall, the food is good.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our restaurant. We appreciate you coming in and trying our food. The next time you're in the shop let us know and we'll give you a free meal on the house. Cheers!

Reviewed 14 December 2016

this place is great, i went a number of times and the staff and people that were in the restaurant were so friendly and helpful. the food was off the charts the baked goods are made in house and there is something for everyone (tried the maple bacon butter tart and it was delicious). they also make fresh artisan bread aswell which in which they use a organic starter they made themselves and they even use local organic flour which was awesome I picked up a loaf of jalapeno cheddar bread; the taste was phenomenal just the right amount of sour and heat from the jalapenos which they grew themselves.... oh and the cheese was from thornloe, its so nice to see a business helping out other local businesses. I got their lunch special of the day (priced @ 12.50)
and it was sooooooo good it was filling the presentation was great and the flavors where out of this world. I got a chance to meet with the owners Steve & Bri, they have a great outlook on the community and have huge plans for this place. I really wish them the best and hope they succeed in bringing great fresh food and fresh food ideas to timmins a city with predominantly chain restaurants and fast food

cheers
Zack

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our establishment! We really appreciate the kind words. The next time you're in the shop let us know and we'll give you a tasty treat on the house.