“Fast Food, Fast Review”

Price range: US$6 - US$9
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Old Toronto
Description: At Big Smoke Burger our hand crafted burgers are made fresh daily and we use ingredients that are sourced from top quality producers and local when possible.
Reviewed September 19, 2016

As noted in one of my previous reviews , in my opinion the gourmet burger frenzy has jumped the shark. However, I may have to slightly alter my opinion after trying Big Smoke Burger.

I went there with my son after a basketball practice. For less than 20 bucks total we each a Little burger and shared fries.

The burger was most excellent; beautifully char grilled, moist and juicy . I was also very impressed by the quality of the bun. The fries were excellent, some of the best I have ever had.

I found the electronic menu a little confusing and hard to read. The 14 year old also mentioned that they could broaden the choice of sides.

The décor is a nice and modern, albeit a bit sterile.

I will definitely return.

Date of visit: September 2016
BigSmokeBurger, Public Relations Manager at Big Smoke Burger, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2017

Thank you for the love! Our combo's start at 8.85 + tax (like you mentioned only $10) for a Canadian AAA beef patty with all of our classic toppings, hand-cut fries and a bottomless soda or bottled water. We also appreciate the feedback on the decor and sides - our Ops team is on it!

Reviewed August 28, 2016

Went here a couple of times for lunch and the burgers were excellent, a bit more expensive than say McDonald's etc... But worth paying that little bit more imo.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed August 15, 2016

- Kinda expensive for what you got but it was very delicious.
- Unlimited refills of drinks which was nice on a hot day.
- Had the spicy burger and the krazy burger with onion rings with one of them. Both were amazing!
- Had to ask for my burger well done as they automatically cook all burgers at medium.
- Very limited seating..maybe for 8 people at most. A lot of people were getting take out.
- Staff was very friendly when I told them it was my first time here.
- Two burgers, onion rings and 2 drinks came to $28.
- Would come back here again for sure.

Date of visit: August 2016
1  Thank Deidra L
Reviewed July 16, 2016 via mobile

I am really into burgers. This is a good burger joint but not an amazing burger joint. I would not go out of my way go back but I would go back. Better than fast food chain burgers.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed July 9, 2016

Visited this place twice while on my recent Toronto trip. On both occasions I had the same chicken sandwich. It was very good. Whole real chicken breast grilled with choice of toppings. Bun nicely toasted. Did not have a side so can not comment on that. Did have a milkshake though which again was very good, milk and icecream so the real deal. Visited in the evening though the week so it was not busy. Seating is on the smaller side and you do have to wait for your food to be prepared so it is fast food but takes a little longer, which to me just means that it is being fresh prepared. Cost is not cheep but I don't mind because it is good quality.
About 15.00 for a shake and a chicken sandwitch.
location was clean
would recommend and would return

Date of visit: July 2016