I just returned from my third stay at the Toronto Garden Inn. I spent 6 nights and was just as happy as on my previous stays. The man running the bed and breakfast (Ergin) is very attentive to detail and is very dedicated to the job. Most impressive is that I reserved over the phone and when the email confirmation arrived, there was a price difference based on a miss-communication based on language or phone quality, whatever. The innkeeper just honoured the deal that I had expected and stuck with the lower nightly rate, even adding 10% savings for staying several nights. Even though it is not a hotel, the innkeeper tidies up your room every day and makes the bed, also bringing fresh towels daily. There are various teas and coffee to relax after a day on the go and the breakfast is the nicest I have ever seen in all the bed and breakfasts I use: fresh kiwi, mango, bananas, oranges, apples,.....the fridge is full of soy beverage, low-fat and standard milks, orange and fruit juices, low-fat and standard creamer, fresh eggs, yogourts, etc . The kitchen is fully equipped and there are two nice supermarkets nearby. I shopped and made chicken cacciatore on Sunday night and found every item I needed to make the meal. Ergin made sure I knew there were umbrellas for the rainy week and is open and friendly, often downstairs chatting and helping guests. It is a short 15 min walk to nightlife of Church Street and Yonge Street and right on the Dundas Street tram line. Eaton Centre shopping is 10 min by foot and Yonge Street subway line right there too. There is a free computer in the sitting/community room for guests and wifi connection throughout the house. Also very impressive is that Ergin is always there when I check out and offers to drag my heavy luggage down the stairs and out to my truck! Thanks Ergin!!! :) :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Toronto Garden Inn is an intimate Bed and Breakfast set in a charming Victorian Home ideally located on a residential street within walking distance to many of Toronto's major landmarks and attractions. We have 6 comfortable guest rooms and 1 studio apartment suite. Prices are per room, single occupancy and vary according to the room and the number of guests. We offer free continental breakfast, 24 hour snacks and beverages as well as free Wi-Fi and Canada/U.S. Phone calls. We are about a 10 minute walk east of Dundas Square/Dundas subway station and within 10 to 30 min walking distance to the Historic Distillery District, Yonge Street, the Eaton Centre Shopping Mall, St. Lawrence Market, Cabbage Town, the Elgin Theatre, the Art Gallery of Ontario, Ryerson University, St. Michael's Hospital, the Gay Village, The Financial District, The Bus Terminal and the Train Station and 30 to 45 minute walking distance to the CN Tower, Ripley's Aquarium, Roy Thompson Hall, Yorkville, Air Canada Centre, Rogers Centre, University of Toronto, Royal Ontario Museum, Greek Town as well as the city's finest restaurants and cafes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Toronto Garden Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Toronto Garden Hotel Toronto
- Toronto Garden Inn Ontario