“My stay at the Toronto Garden Inn”
Review of Toronto Garden Inn

Toronto Garden Inn
Ranked #8 of 118 Toronto B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Just stayed at the Toronto Garden Inn for two days and had a great experience! Ergin, the inn manager, was super, helping me out with directions, places to eat ,parking etc.,and just overall assisting me in any way he could to make my stay easy and fun. The inn itself is great, clean and appointed with everything you"ll need for your stay,and it"s only a quick walk(or trolly ride) to Yonge St. and the heart of downtown. I hope I'll get a chance to get back to Toronto soon and I know where I'll be staying!

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice,just depends on what you prefer.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
14  Thank zoojennifer

Reviewed 28 September 2011

Everything about Toronto Garden Inn was pleasant and comfortable, I only wish I had found it sooner. Great price, very homey feel, clean, friendly. Ergin, the Inn Keeper, is professional and kind. Each morning you wake to coffee on, a fully set table and lovely breakfast assortment, including a huge bowl of fresh fruit. I've been visiting my daughter here for over 5 years and will surely stay again for future stays. As far as the neighborhood, it isn't the best but I never felt unsafe.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
36  Thank Antoinette R
Reviewed 26 September 2011

Nice place where you really feel at home, taking your breakfast in a big kitchen with everyone living in the B&B. Comfortable room with space and nice bed.
The location is also good if you don't like the crowded center of the city.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
25  Thank ZiXiS
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Before I came to Toronto, I spent a long time looking for the right B&B place for me to go.
I finally found this one, and the moment I saw the picture of it, I loved it!
This was my first experience with B&B and I must say: it was definitely a good one!
I had a pleasant time there. The place was nice, clean and met exactly my requirements - and the host was very nice and helpful with hints and tips, too!!
As this place is only 1 km away from Dundas/Yonge Square, I could reach it within a nice 20 minutes walk. I could have taken the streetcar as well - but as I love to walk, this was perfect for me!
I love this place, and if I come back to Toronto (which I hope I can do soon) then I will definitely try to get a room there, again!
Thank you for a lovely time!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
18  Thank Ralf65
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Having had decent luck with a similar b and b in another city, I figured I'd try again, especially with the insane hotel rates for this time due to the Toronto International Film Festival. The place is in an old victorian house on Seaton Street, which is a 13-block walk from Dundas Square, which is a Subway stop on the Yonge Street Line. It's about an hour via public transportation from Pearson International. As for the room, though they are somewhat small, at least the Magnolia room, it is comfortable.

In terms of breakfast food, it's standard breakfast cereals including Chocolate Cherios and some other basic items like fruit and so on. The drawback is the first floor bathroom that is used while people eat.

If there's a downside, it's the neighborhood, but I think that's more of a product of the size of the city with the seedy elements trickling into downtown and midtown areas. The area is part of Cabbagetown, which from what I've read is trying to gentrify.

A block away is a homeless soup kitchen I believe and further down the block is a strip club. So you might hear noise outside your window from that element as well the occasional police siren. That's probably the only thing discouraging me from staying there again, but beyond that it's a good enough place if all you care about is sleeping.

Though the owner is not physically there often, he is very easy to reach via email. The price is right around 79-99 Canadian depending on a single/double rate.

And a tip, if you don't to walk down that part of Dundas Street from Church to Seaton, you can either take the 505 street car, which stops a block east of Seaton or you can walk up Seaton to Gerrard, which is the next major street and a nicer block as it passes through Ryerson University.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
44  Thank LarryFleisher
Reviewed 17 August 2011

the perfect introduction to the B&B experience. Great food and lots of it and wonderfully presented. The rooms are clean and well appointed. Check out the common room, particularly the music stand beside the piano; an intriguing surprise awaits.

For those of you who are more experienced with B&B accomodations, this one will, I believe, will become one of your favourites. Ergin is an excellent host.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Orchid Room and will again. I did not see the others.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
54  Thank Norm S
Reviewed 15 August 2011

My partner and I stayed here overnight for a quick getaway to Toronto this past weekend. This is an older home with plenty of character and artful decor! But most importantly, the rooms were exceptionally clean. It's a casual, relaxed sort of place - you let yourself in and serve yourself breakfast. The owner was kind, welcoming and unassuming. My favourite part of our stay? Sitting out in the garden, waking up with a strong cup of coffee and listening to the sparrows. In my opinion, this is the best deal in Toronto. We would absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: The Magnolia's furthest from the bathroom and has the best decor, but the Trillium is the quiete...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple