“SMILES!”

Ranked #7 of 115 Toronto B&B and Inns
Houghton, Michigan
“SMILES!”
Reviewed 29 November 2011

We stayed at the Inn for 9 nights. It was wonderful. Ergin, the Inn manager was very down to earth, helpful and friendly. The Inn is equipped with a full kitchen where we were able to prepare dinners with amazing produce finds from stands all throughout Toronto. They provided anything you would need for a hearty breakfast every morning. The rooms and bathrooms were always clean. Unlimited access to internet. A book and DVD library. It was a pleasure coming "home" every night.

Room Tip: The room downstari is very spacious but its right by the kitchen where there is more traffic. All th...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank olga c

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 24 October 2011

What a wonderful week I spent in Toronto and I can only say I was so lucky in finding such suitable accommodation i.e. Toronto Garden Inn. I never imagined one could find a B & B in Toronto and to find such a clean, friendly and homely atmosphere I felt like it was home. Ergin was a super host and ensured his guests were provided with every possible convenience and he certainly didn't spare the heating. Very comfortable room, ideal location within walking distance of downtown Toronto. Hope to return in the next few months and will certainly book well in advance THE TORONTO GARDEN INN.

Room Tip: Book well in advance.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank THERESA B
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Just stayed at the Toronto Garden Inn for two days and had a great experience! Ergin, the inn manager, was super, helping me out with directions, places to eat ,parking etc.,and just overall assisting me in any way he could to make my stay easy and fun. The inn itself is great, clean and appointed with everything you"ll need for your stay,and it"s only a quick walk(or trolly ride) to Yonge St. and the heart of downtown. I hope I'll get a chance to get back to Toronto soon and I know where I'll be staying!

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice,just depends on what you prefer.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
14 Thank zoojennifer
Landenberg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 September 2011

Everything about Toronto Garden Inn was pleasant and comfortable, I only wish I had found it sooner. Great price, very homey feel, clean, friendly. Ergin, the Inn Keeper, is professional and kind. Each morning you wake to coffee on, a fully set table and lovely breakfast assortment, including a huge bowl of fresh fruit. I've been visiting my daughter here for over 5 years and will surely stay again for future stays. As far as the neighborhood, it isn't the best but I never felt unsafe.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
36 Thank Antoinetter11
Lyon, France
Reviewed 26 September 2011

Nice place where you really feel at home, taking your breakfast in a big kitchen with everyone living in the B&B. Comfortable room with space and nice bed.
The location is also good if you don't like the crowded center of the city.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
25 Thank ZiXiS
Esslingen am Neckar, Germany
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Before I came to Toronto, I spent a long time looking for the right B&B place for me to go.
I finally found this one, and the moment I saw the picture of it, I loved it!
This was my first experience with B&B and I must say: it was definitely a good one!
I had a pleasant time there. The place was nice, clean and met exactly my requirements - and the host was very nice and helpful with hints and tips, too!!
As this place is only 1 km away from Dundas/Yonge Square, I could reach it within a nice 20 minutes walk. I could have taken the streetcar as well - but as I love to walk, this was perfect for me!
I love this place, and if I come back to Toronto (which I hope I can do soon) then I will definitely try to get a room there, again!
Thank you for a lovely time!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
18 Thank Ralf65
New York, NY
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Having had decent luck with a similar b and b in another city, I figured I'd try again, especially with the insane hotel rates for this time due to the Toronto International Film Festival. The place is in an old victorian house on Seaton Street, which is a 13-block walk from Dundas Square, which is a Subway stop on the Yonge Street Line. It's about an hour via public transportation from Pearson International. As for the room, though they are somewhat small, at least the Magnolia room, it is comfortable.

In terms of breakfast food, it's standard breakfast cereals including Chocolate Cherios and some other basic items like fruit and so on. The drawback is the first floor bathroom that is used while people eat.

If there's a downside, it's the neighborhood, but I think that's more of a product of the size of the city with the seedy elements trickling into downtown and midtown areas. The area is part of Cabbagetown, which from what I've read is trying to gentrify.

A block away is a homeless soup kitchen I believe and further down the block is a strip club. So you might hear noise outside your window from that element as well the occasional police siren. That's probably the only thing discouraging me from staying there again, but beyond that it's a good enough place if all you care about is sleeping.

Though the owner is not physically there often, he is very easy to reach via email. The price is right around 79-99 Canadian depending on a single/double rate.

And a tip, if you don't to walk down that part of Dundas Street from Church to Seaton, you can either take the 505 street car, which stops a block east of Seaton or you can walk up Seaton to Gerrard, which is the next major street and a nicer block as it passes through Ryerson University.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends