I was in Toronto 3 days for holidays and I stayed in Garden Inn B&B. The location was good but the area very bad. Indeed the structure is located near the centre, at only 3 tram stops (or 5mins walk) from Dundas Square, one of the main live spots in Toronto, it is very easy to move from there. On the other side, the area where the structure is located is very bad, with a lot of toxic and drunk people around..it's not dangerous but not very nice to walk there, especially during the night. The place itself is quite old but nice. The room has an old decoration but the bed was good, and there is TV and DVD player inside. The bathroom was really a problem: since there is no sink in the room, you need to share your bathroom with the other guests and sometimes you have to wait for the others to finish just to brush your teeth.
The breakfast was very good, there is a big variety of food and drinks and the kitchen is very spacious.
The owner is very kind, actually he doesn't live there but he's always available by phone or email in case you need any help.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Toronto Garden Inn is an intimate Bed and Breakfast set in a charming Victorian Home ideally located on a residential street within walking distance to many of Toronto's major landmarks and attractions. We have 6 comfortable guest rooms and 1 studio apartment suite. Prices are per room, single occupancy and vary according to the room and the number of guests. We offer free continental breakfast, 24 hour snacks and beverages as well as free Wi-Fi and Canada/U.S. Phone calls. We are about a 10 minute walk east of Dundas Square/Dundas subway station and within 10 to 30 min walking distance to the Historic Distillery District, Yonge Street, the Eaton Centre Shopping Mall, St. Lawrence Market, Cabbage Town, the Elgin Theatre, the Art Gallery of Ontario, Ryerson University, St. Michael's Hospital, the Gay Village, The Financial District, The Bus Terminal and the Train Station and 30 to 45 minute walking distance to the CN Tower, Ripley's Aquarium, Roy Thompson Hall, Yorkville, Air Canada Centre, Rogers Centre, University of Toronto, Royal Ontario Museum, Greek Town as well as the city's finest restaurants and cafes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Toronto Garden Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Toronto Garden Hotel Toronto
- Toronto Garden Inn Ontario