All reviews orchid room bed and breakfast basement apartment ceiling fan shared bathroom b bs a great place to stay breakfast was excellent eaton centre each morning close to downtown floor room enjoyed my stay top floor comfortable beds yogurt miko
Reviewed June 30, 2012

It was my first time in Toronto and I stayed 8 nights at Toronto Garden Inn. Bryan, the new host of this B&B, is extremely kind and helpful. He carried my 28kg luggage and walked me all the way to the coach station the day I left - indeed a gentleman! Rooms of this B&B are very clean and the self-serve breakfast is always pleasant. Location is pretty good but the area is a bit dodgy I have to say. But with such a reasonable price this is all acceptable.

Room Tip: Mimmosa Room is a bit small...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I stayed this june at Toronto Garden Inn and have absolutely no complains. It's located a few blocks away from the main avenue, so everything you need to see in Toronto can be reached just by walking. The place is very clean, and this includes the common areas, as well as the room where I stayed and the bathroom. There's always food available for us to eat anytime we want, not just for breakfast. Considering all these (location, cleanliness and great service) I can say that the price was very good for the value!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I am a frequent visitor Toronto for work and have stayed at the Toronto Garden Inn as well as Unal and Ergin's other B&B, the Downtown Home Inn, dozens of times in the last few years. Both locations are clean and well managed. Unal and Ergin reply promptly to my emails and the bookings have always gone smoothly. I like the self-serve continental breakfast; I can be out and about quickly without have to wait for someone to cook for me. The rooms, the dining area and the washrooms are always clean.

This location is a 10 minute walk from Dundas subway station. There is a streetcar very close if you prefer. The immediate neighborhood is a little rough around the edges and can't be described as trendy, but there are affordable restaurants a short distance away. Being so close to Dundas Square at this price is excellent value.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Search no longer, stay with Ergin :-). He's a great host and the Toronto Garden Inn is a superb place to explore downtown from. Less than a ten minute walk to the Eaton Centre at Dundas and Yonge, spacious, bright rooms in a quiet house will give you opportunity to relax after exploring. I especially enjoyed the large selection of cereals and fruits for breakfast. There's a chance you might see the occasional oddball in the area, but even when walking home late at night nobody tried to chat me up, so I definitely recommend to stay at the Toronto Garden Inn. Two thumbs up.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I was in Toronto 3 days for holidays and I stayed in Garden Inn B&B. The location was good but the area very bad. Indeed the structure is located near the centre, at only 3 tram stops (or 5mins walk) from Dundas Square, one of the main live spots in Toronto, it is very easy to move from there. On the other side, the area where the structure is located is very bad, with a lot of toxic and drunk people around..it's not dangerous but not very nice to walk there, especially during the night. The place itself is quite old but nice. The room has an old decoration but the bed was good, and there is TV and DVD player inside. The bathroom was really a problem: since there is no sink in the room, you need to share your bathroom with the other guests and sometimes you have to wait for the others to finish just to brush your teeth.
The breakfast was very good, there is a big variety of food and drinks and the kitchen is very spacious.
The owner is very kind, actually he doesn't live there but he's always available by phone or email in case you need any help.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo