“Good quality food”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Etobicoke
Reviewed November 17, 2016

Went here last month for a family birthday dinner. There were 6 of us and dishes ranged from The Love Boat selection, Tempura and teriyaki dishes. Food was good and the service was also good. We also had a bottle of Shiraz and some Sapporo beers. Overall a very pleasant evening that didn't break the bank. Cost including tip was $240.

Reviewed October 12, 2016

Went here a couple months ago with my family, and we ordered a massive sushi boat. The sushi was all very delicious and fresh, and the staff were very accommodating and friendly.

There was a bit of a line, but we went on a Friday night so that's too be expect and a good sign I suppose! Definitely will be back.

1  Thank Alicia M
Reviewed August 22, 2016 via mobile

It's a Japanese bar owned by potentially Chinese or Korean people. They use lots of sauces to spice things up but the food is no where near authentic. But it you like flavorful food and don't care much about authentic Japanese taste, this bar might be right for you. The service was also very very slow.

1  Thank Yinying Z
Reviewed June 27, 2016

I love this sushi place.

Food: If I want sashimi, its great, fresh. If I want straightforward sushi, it's here and really done well and tasty. If I want rolls or really unique stuff, it's here too. Everytime, we try different rolls and different starter courses. We are never disappointed. Traditional and innovative, the food is just really good! And the tempora is really good.

Service: Its pretty good. Servers are knowledgeable about the different items on the menu. Courteous to diners. and mostly timely and around when you need them.

Decor: Great. It looks beautiful inside and even has some private booths on the inside. Always clean, well looked after.

Parking: A few spots in their lot next door shared with Swiss Chalet, but lots of Green P parking on the street and the lot north of Bloor. No issues.

Overall: Really good, really worthwhile for good standard sushi. No Susser Lee. But not his prices either. Would recommend for lunch or dinner for sure!

Reviewed June 16, 2016

I was forewarned about the television at Momiji so I was worried - I don't go to a sushi place to look at the TV. So I was happy to see that there is a little upstairs section where the TV is completely invisible.

With that problem solved, the food at Momiji was very tasty and especially well-presented. There is nothing like having an actual volcano accompany your volcano roll - I had it hot but I could have easily eaten the suicide level. The sashimi platter was tasty but some of the pieces were cut against the grain and a little strange to bite into - still it all tasted fresh. We had the salmon salad but I don't recommend it - there is a lot of greens and the salmon and mango are lost among it.

But service was attentive and food was good on the whole. Restaurant does get noisy when it gets crowded - and watch the latch on the washroom stall - I nearly got trapped in there.