“lame letdown lunch at libretto”
Review of Pizzeria Libretto

Pizzeria Libretto
Ranked #15 of 9,002 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$16 - US$24
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I went to their new location on the danforth and was very disappointed!! We waited for at least 30 minutes for our food to come out (simple lunch appetizers). When they arrived mine was smaller than expected. For $11 you should get more than 6 bite size raviolis. Also, the pizza was a little dry. The patate and fagioli soup lacked flavor. The Rocco's salad was palatable but I wouldn't get it again.
I won't be returning to Libretto anytime soon. You can get much better food in the city for less money!

2  Thank leda528

Reviewed 21 February 2012

Went there for a date with my boyfriend and ate the pizza with the fried egg on top...I LOVED it! The egg gave the pizza a very subtle taste but I was addicted from the first bite. My BF had a sausage pizza, spicy for my liking, but he liked it fine. The wine (a ripasso) was great...finished the bottle quickly.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Definitely the place to go if you feel like you've been abused and want to reconnect with Toronto. The food is as basic as it can be, but the taste is amazing. Really got to try the fried calamaris. Definitely the best i had ever.

Reviewed 14 February 2012

Hands down the best pizza in Toronto. Don't mess around with anything other than the margherita. I'm not a particularly patient person, so we usually order for take-out.

1  Thank normalguyToronto
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Not worth the rave reviews, there is better pizza all over Toronto. If you're in the neighborhood it's worth a visit but not worth a special trip. Loud, crowded and maybe a busy Saturday wasn't the best time to visit. Falasca on Yonge street makes a better Roman style pizza...

3  Thank Rob G