Museum of Inuit Art - CLOSED
Review Highlights
An oasis of elegance

Come admire generations of art from several regions of arctic Canada. Be drawn in to the tiny... read more

Reviewed March 5, 2016
wts765
Paris, France
via mobile
Small but shining

I just chanced upon this little museum on a cold winter's day. I'm sure the Queens Wharf are is... read more

Reviewed January 20, 2016
Janie K
Tamworth, Australia
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 25, 2011

The museum has an extensive collection that is displayed in an interesting and informative way

1  Thank eatingoutinCalgary
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Beautiful artwork, great audio tour and a unique look at an important period of history and the people who created the artwork.

1  Thank cobaltmuse
Reviewed December 10, 2011

I personally thought this was a cute little attraction on my way to the distillery district. There are plenty places to see around the harbourfront when you explore the city. This is a cozy little shop/gallery where you can buy plenty of beautiful inuit art. Any piece would be a nice investment for the home I think. I just think this place is absolutely adorable in between walks. Also, the employees are very kind and knowledgeable!

1  Thank Mimi-AMD
Reviewed December 10, 2011

This small museum in a harborfront shopping gallery has a fairly representative collection of Inuit art. It also has a young and enthusiastic staff to discuss the art with you. It also has well-done signage that explains what you're looking at.
My wife and I are dealers in Inuit art and we see a great deal of it, but we're always happy to see more and to see unfamiliar works by favorite artists. For people unfamiliar with Inuit art, this museum would be a good introduction. You'd leave knowing a little about Inuit culture and 20th century history. Some experts and art dealers might be a little snooty about the collection, but it is what it is and that ain't bad.

2  Thank marylandtravel007
Reviewed December 5, 2011

I have never seen so much Inuit art in one place! It also traces the history of Inuit art with pieces of each era. If you enjoy Inuit art or want to learn about it, this is the place to go. Definitely a hidden gem.

1  Thank FuzzyBeaver