All reviews rooftop patio record player cool space a great boutique hotel hip hotel mini bar great view of the city light sleeper downtown core top floor on arrival turntable lps leslieville hallway staycation midnight
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

Made reservations at he rooftop rather than the dining room. The elevator opened and it was loud and full of people. We had a nice table for two under the glass roof with the sun setting. We started off looking for something quite but soon made to feel very welcome. A bartender jumped in when he saw we were waiting, and comp’d our drinks. The tuna tartare stood out as did the pulled pork bao.
It was a great night watching people and the sun set. Time flew and we ended up staying longer than expected. Ended up feeling like we were touring in a city other then our own. Wonderful experience.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2018

Super friendly staff (especially Jen), in a great historic building (which used to be a stripper club...) which has been completely redone recently. Loved my charming corner room on a upper floor as well as the lounge restaurant behind the reception (including their play list).
The neighborhood is upcoming (but downtown is easy to reach through public transportation), so not many tourists around the corner.
If you are not absolutely looking for a downtown location, this is certainly the place to go ! Or just even for a drink or meal...

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Heymistersmith
MurrayH188, General Manager at The Broadview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2018

Dear Heymistersmith,

Thank you very much for your review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, and your visit to Riverside. And you're right: we do it all. Thanks for encouraging others to drop by for any occasion, big or small.

We look forward to seeing you back again.

Regards,

Reviewed September 25, 2018

I booked directly through the hotel website earlier this summer for a one night stay on a Friday evening in August, paying in advance and in full for a King Sitting Room (the corner King room wasn't available). I was specifically coming from the west coast to stay in this beautiful room, and was willing to pay for it, as it was my one night solo with my friends in the City. Upon arriving at the hotel and checking in, I was informed that they had over sold the hotel and they were putting me in a terrace suite (major downgrade) and they would refund me the difference between the rooms. This room couldn't even come close to accommodating my visit with my long time friends in the City given the size of it, never mind having one of them stay if they wanted to. I was very upset, and I would have certainly stayed elsewhere if I had been notified this was the room I was going to be in or was given the choice. I spoke with the girl at the desk, who was helpful, and told me to come talk to her in the morning to sort out the mix up and then offered a few drinks on them at the bar (which I never used). The next morning I went down and again expressed my sincere frustration and disappointment with what had occurred and was told that they would like to buy me and my friend breakfast, and they would discount my terrace room charge by 50% to apologize for the mixup. I begrudgingly agreed, as I really did not want to pay anything for something that I didn't ask or book for... but felt that it was fair. I just received my CC bill and not only do I have a whole whack of confusing charges and debits, but there is a full charge for the terrace suite with ZERO discount, and the breakfast they offered to comp is also on my bill. I called two days ago and spoke to someone at the front desk to explain all of this, and the girl acknowledged the confusion and mistakes they made over these charges she could also see on my folio and assured me they would be corrected / credited and that she would get back to me in 30 minutes. I have yet to hear from anyone 2 days later and cant get through to anyone on the phone. At this point, I feel like the only thing left to do is dispute the charges on my CC. Really, really unfortunate as I was so excited to stay at this hotel, and now will never go back.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank _qanglin

Hello _qanglin,

I apologize for the mishaps you experienced at the hotel. We strive to make every stay special at The Broadview. When we realized that your plans had been affected by the room change, our first priority was to help create a positive experience for you and your friends.

I believe Jonathan, our Service Operations Manager, has reached out to you regarding your folio. Although it appeared confusing to read, he conducted a thorough review to ensure that all of the charges were correct, as per our offer to provide you with the adjusted room rate and complimentary food and beverage items.

Please know that we are always here to help. We care about our guests, and will always strive to do what we can to correct any errors that may occur.

Best regards,

Reviewed September 25, 2018

We upgraded to a room with a terrace which provided a nice spot to have a late night drink since the roof top patio was way to busy for us to get a spot. Dinner at restaurant was also good. The rooms were definitely loud. We could hear all the conversations going on in the hallway - not great if you are at all a light sleeper. I would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

A really nice bruch spot in Toronto where the high ceilings and fun deco gives an open spacious feeling. The food was good and moderately priced. We had the salmon bene and french toast both of which were great.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
MurrayH188, General Manager at The Broadview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2018

Hi JJRReviews,

Thank you for sharing your experience at The Broadview! I'm glad you enjoyed your brunch. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you're in the area.

Best,