“Nice room, decent food, okay service”
Review of Tappo - CLOSED

Tappo
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
“Nice room, decent food, okay service”
Reviewed 31 December 2011

Just went as a group of six for my wife's birthday. The room is nice, old school brick and beam. The food was okay, a decent selection but nothing outstanding. A little over priced for the quality, but overall not a bad evening. Worth checking out once but not on my 'must return' list.

• Visited December 2011

Toronto, Canada
“Tappo is GORGEOUS with attentive service and great food”
Reviewed 12 August 2011

We recently went to Tappo for a DELICIOUS dinner. Some reviews were negative, so I was a bit hesitant. Thank goodness I didn't pay attention to the negative reviews. It was a BRILLIANT experience. The staff were very attentive, the food was spectacular and the overall feel of the restaurant is so comforting and warm. It is candle lit, with gorgeous fresh flowers, chandeliers and mirror backed bar that is just awesome eye candy. I am an interior designer and the restaurant definitely had a WOW factor for me. The walls are stunning stone and the location in the distillery district is top drawer. We will make a habit of becoming "regulars" at Tappo's. I was thrilled to enjoy such a great evening of good food, good fun, and the beautiful personalities of all the staff at hand. Bravo !

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Lynne K
Toronto, Canada
“Great food, attentive service!”
Reviewed 11 August 2011

My friend and I came for dinner because I had a coupon, so I wasn't sure what the experience would be like. It was great! Our server knew that we were heading over to the theatre after dinner, so helped to ensure we got out the door in time. And when a surprise thunderstorm occurred, he gave us an umbrella to get back to our car without being soaked (and told us not to worry about returning it until after the show ended).

Vancouver, Canada
“Tappo took $2,500 off our credit card without us signing a contract for a fall wedding reception - FRAUDS!!”
Reviewed 19 July 2011

We contacted the manager in May to initiate talks to get a menu and contract together. He asked for a credit card and said they would provide all the food and drink we would want. We had heard good things about this establishment food-wise, but we asked for a detailed menu and prices before we would sign any contract. And HE HAS YET TO PRODUCE ONE! He then was evasive for weeks, so we said we wanted to back out, and that was 3 weeks ago - he agreed over the phone and on emails to refund us fully. Repeatedly. VISA says Tappo has done nothing. We are getting a lawyer to file charges of credit card fraud. BEWARE!

Stay posted...maybe he is just as slow as his waiters. But 3 weeks?! I am not holding my breathe. Either way, this is terrible service for couples looking for a reception location!!!

2 Thank tastewave
Toronto
“Fabulous Atmosphere but horrific service and mgmt”
Reviewed 17 July 2011

We had a reservation for 8pm on a Saturday night. We arrived at 8pm on the nose and they had put us down for 10pm instead of 8pm. The way they handled it was as if they were doing us a favour to seat us at 8pm. They asked us to grab a drink at the bar. 8.30 rolls around and there was a 4 top just near us that was EMPTY the entire time. My husband asked mgmt what was going on, so they sat us there.
We got seated around 8.30.
We order as soon as the waiter introduces himself-at 8.45pm. The server in a rude way says "are you in a hurry or something?"
Appys arrive at 9.15pm.
Dinner arrives at 10.15pm.
We are all clock watching as this is truly insane. Its not a very large place either.
No apologies, no awareness that service is slow, nothing.
Food was yummy and atmosphere was very cool. Wine was also awesome.
I wont return for the sheer fact that for the price they demand, the service is embarrassing.

3 Thank Lucythepug