“Very tasty tapas! ”

Ranked #2,042 of 9,390 Restaurants in Toronto
Neighbourhood: Downtown West
Neighbourhood: Downtown West
Reviewed February 11, 2018 via mobile

Really cool concept - café style by day - full service restaurant by night. The food is small tapas style plates - incredibly flavourful. They serve wine and beer during the day - they need the menus separate - I saw this lovely cocktail list but it wasn’t an option. The staff is wonderful - all very sweet girls - one was shocked I wanted warm olives but she warmed them up (they should serve them warm - so good!) I wasn’t really impressed with either the beer or wine list. For a Spanish tapas resto I think this could definitely be improved. They also need proper napkins - finger foods require nice paper/cloth products - the diner style cheap napkins are tacky.

My experience overall was great , however I thought it was odd that the manager told me the owner/chef had two Michelin stars and just came from Majorca. One, tapas don’t typically earn Michelin stars and upon googling there was nothing I could find other than the owner/chef cane from 2 other highly rated restaurants in Toronto. A better option is to under sell and over deliver. The food quality for what it is is very good. Talk about the chef but don’t stretch the truth. I’d be much more impressed hearing he was a top chef in the city and wanted to Ip his game by opening his own place with a new concept and using his own culinary skills, style and flavours.

Definitely try it out... the food is great!

1  Thank PaigeYYZ

Reviewed February 8, 2018

During the day a food hall for quick fresh food. During the evening a fantastic Tapas Bar. Tapas food items with a wonderful fusion of tastes and textures.

Reviewed January 18, 2018

Enjoyed mouth-watering tapas for lunch today with my sisters; marinated olives, white anchovy & piquillo pepper on crostini(fav!), octopus a la gallega perfectly married with olive oiled potatoes, ensaladilla rusa (flavour infused potato salad), serrano ham & manchego croissant sandwiches, empanadas, and finished off with nutella and dolce de leche bombas for desert...to die for! There are lots more tapas and made-to-order salads to choose from at their bar counter (casual lunch service) and it's easy to get carried away with the selection cause they all look so good. We all agreed the food was quite tasty and delicious! The Spanish vibe is super cool and staff were super friendly. Looking forward to returning and highly recommend.

Reviewed January 8, 2018

There were 8 of us on New Year's Eve. We were treated so well, service was very good. We ordered a bunch of items, small and large and they were quite yummy. As midnight neared, we were given complimentary Cava and 12 grapes, I guess a Spanish tradition. We had a great time and loved our server.

Reviewed January 3, 2018

I am not a big fan of tapas style restaurants, but this new Spanish cuisine inspired restaurant is good.

Although the bar has limited selection of hard liquor, wine and beers, the available selection is decent.

The food, and please keep in mind that is tapas, was well executed. The only thing we didn't try from the menu were the prawns as I thought it was overpriced (19/piece).

If you are searching a new restaurant/bar where to go for a bit before heading to formal dinner, I would recommend you check out this one.

It is not good for groups bigger than 6.