Open today: 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
See the most of Eastern Canada!

I have been living and working in Canada on an IEC and it was the end of my work visa and I wanted... read more

Reviewed December 2, 2019
P6920MWlydiar
Eastern Canada adventures

I heartily recommend anyone considering the Big One tour with Out Here to anyone considering... read more

Reviewed October 22, 2019
Pad_Han90

Recommended experiences in and around Toronto
from US$77.07
from US$83.77
from US$33.00
from US$227.38
More Info
All reviews white water rafting whale watching ottawa river algonquin park sand dunes poutine amazing trip whole group recommend this trip sea kayaking places visited amazing scenery small group driver guide great company tour bus tadoussac
Selected filters
Reviewed September 2, 2019

This trip was nothing short of amazing! It managed to include the must-see tourist spots as well as smaller, niche yet incredible places which I would never have gotten to see without this tour! Jared, the owner, you can see has put a lot of thought into getting the most out of 26 days because every day was filled with so many different adventures and activities. What I loved especially was how it had a ‘choose your own adventure’ kind of vibe and this is what made it the best organised tour I have been on (this was my 5th tour like this). Having that flexibility and malleability to each group makes you feel like they really do care about you getting the most out of your trip as it felt like there was a personal touch to it which bigger companies don’t give. Janelle, my tour guide, only exacerbated this feeling- for example, one day she drove me and one other girl to this spa (which was only $17!!) just because we fancied it.
If you are sitting there considering doing this tour, just book it because you won’t regret it. I had one of the best months of my life with 'out here' and I couldn’t recommend them enough to take you through East Canada! Happy Travels!

Reviewed August 27, 2019

I had the best summer on this trip!
I recommend doing the big one tour to get the full experience! Janelle our tour guide was amazing and fed us with all the information we needed. I made friends for a lifetime and went back home with a lot of awesome memories. I wish the trip would have kept going.
The only downside was that I didn't know much about tipping and taxes in Canada so definitely inform yourself before visiting, since it can really affect your budget. Also we were eating out a lot in the beginning of the trip. It depends on the group but I would've appreciated to do more groupmeals.
My favorite part was cape breton and the hikes!
All I can say is that you will not regret doing this trip!
Thanks to Janelle and everyone who made this trip so memorable!

Go Team Terrance!!

Reviewed August 23, 2019

Travelling with Out Here was an amazing experience and I’m really glad I decided to do the Central/Maritimes 13/14 Days trip with them. Every day of the trip was filled with activities and you get a sense of Canada through experience, not just sight-seeing. White water rafting was the best – I don’t know how to swim but they were supportive enough to help me trust my life jacket and I made it to the end. Quebec City was just magical and I’d love to visit again during the Fall/Winter. Whale watching and kayaking were fun and the hikes were beautiful. All the activities are worth doing and they allow you to go at your own pace. I’m glad I did all of them! Our guide made sure we made stops to enjoy the scenery, even if we were on a tight schedule. Overall the experience was outstanding and especially for someone who is new to adventure tours, this company was a really good place to start with. Information about expenses and itinerary were provided early on and Jared was really good about responding to inquiries/concerns within a reasonable time. My guide, Janelle, was wonderful! She made sure we were informed about the places we were visiting, made sure we got there on time and was very accommodating for bathroom breaks when we were on the road. She also introduced Terrance which helped create a very unique sense of bonding. If you’re looking for an authentic Canadian experience of the Maritimes, definitely check them out!

Reviewed August 15, 2019

Wow, where do I even start…I can genuinely say that the three weeks I spent on my Out Here Tour were some of the funniest weeks of my life thus far! I was hesitant booking any tour at first, as I’m the type of person who generally likes to do their own thing at their own pace. However, as I continued researching Canada, I realised that all the things I wanted to see were very far away from each other, and some only really accessible by car, and I’m not old enough to hire one. So when Out Here popped up on my Instagram, I seriously started to consider a tour as a way to see everything I wanted to. From reading the itineraries and other reviews, I could sense that this tour was exactly what I wanted - flexible, geared towards younger people, and including the adventurous activities that I love.

For starters, camping in Algonquin Park was an awesome way to bond with the rest of the group - we hiked, swam and canoed (including watching and laughing at the group that capsized) all in the first day. On the way to Ottawa came one of my favourite parts of the trip…white water rafting! We spent an amazing day on the Ottawa River - riding the rapids, swimming, jumping off rocks and then having lunch. By the end of the day my arms hurt from paddling but my stomach hurt from laughing so hard when people fell out of the raft.

I had an awesome time in Quebec City, and really started to form bonds with the members of the group. Leaving the cities far behind and heading up to Tadoussac was awesome. The hostel we stayed was quirky but an absolutely awesome time and we saw an incredible amount of whales (up close!) whilst whale-watching. The place we stayed at in Bay of Fundy was homey and the town itself very quaint - had an awesome time sea-kayaking. Our guide Joe was really flexible when the guy in the coffee shop suggested a good swimming spot in the Fundy National Park, and we had a wonderful time swimming in a beautiful river before having fish and chips.

The hikes and scenery in Cape Breton was one of my highlights - the hikes we did were some of my favourite. Joe was really good at explaining the different options available for different levels of experience and fitness, and ensured that everyone did what they were comfortable with. We visited this incredible swimming spot in an abandoned quarry that had been filled in - which was a welcome cool-off after a hike to a wonderful lookout.

On my last day I was so sad to leave the amazing friends that I had made over my time in Canada - and I desperately wished that I had booked the Big One Tour! I could not recommend Out Here more…I am so glad I choose to explore Canada with them and so grateful for all the wonderful things I got to see and the people I got to meet. Thanks so much to Jared for his awesome organisational skills and to Joe for being a wonderful guide.

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed August 13, 2019

I should say first off that I have travelled with quite a few different tour companies - (G Adventures, TrekAmerica, Contiki, Busabout, Gap360) so feel (relatively) qualified to say Out Here are a good company to travel with. I'd been considering a trip to Canada for a while but kept putting it off as it always worked out too expensive to see everywhere I wanted to on my own, and most group trips I looked at didn't seem to cover the places I wanted to visit. Until Out Here Travel popped up on my social media news feed one day, and ticked both boxes of being affordable and covering a lot of ground in the process. For the amount of ground covered (5 provinces and all major cities in Eastern Canada) it worked out way cheaper than if I had tried to travel between places on my own. Being a relatively new company, I hadn't heard much about them, but didn't want to pass up the opportunity to finally explore a country I'd been waiting so long to visit. Fortunately, I wasn't disappointed, and feel safe saying that they are a great company to travel with.
I never felt rushed in any of the places visited as we got to stay 2-3 nights in each location, in order to fully appreciate the spot. Our guide, Joe, always gave us an orientation pointing out the best spots to eat or drink before leaving us to our own devices.
The hikes were amazing, Canada's scenery is next to none! However, the cities are not to be missed either, and I felt we had a good mix of nature and city life.
The Light show in Ottawa was brilliant, telling the story of Canada through light and sound on the Parliament Building (and is completely free!). We were very much given the opportunity to do as we pleased, and nothing on the tour is compulsory. However, I would highly recommend the white water rafting (and this is coming from someone who rafted the Zambezi - the world's best for white water rafting).
Quebec City felt very European compared to the other cities. Joe took us to a place where we had bottomless mimosas for only $15, then went to cool off in a fountain as it was a hot day, which was great fun.
Tadoussac was a highlight, both for the whale watching (in which we were lucky enough to see a fin whale breaching several times), and for the hostel which is one of the more interesting I have stayed in - stilts, balancing beams and other outdoor activities to a backdrop of live folk music, followed by a DJ.
Bay of Fundy was also an interesting hostel - a residential house with adjoining annex, within easy walk of the beach. Joe walked us down to the caves at night so we could see the difference between the high and low tides, then we drank around a bonfire back at the hostel. The sunset kayak the next day is something else I would recommend (though again not compulsory) as you get to see more of the coast than you would otherwise get the opportunity to, and a snack is also provided at a secluded beach on the journey back.
Halifax was possibly my favourite city. We went on a brewery tour in the morning, followed by axe throwing in the afternoon (possibly not the best order as I was terrible at axe throwing after sampling all the beers, but still thoroughly enjoyed myself).
Cabot Trail was more amazing scenery and hiking. Our Tour Guide, Joe, cooked lobsters for us on the one night as the area is well known for it.
PEI had the best beaches on the trip. There was one particularly fun beach where we could jump off a bridge into a riptide, which carried us back to the shore.
The hostel in Gaspesie was an experience all on it's own - our whole group stayed together in one yurt, right on the beach front. The bar had live music and there were bonfires on the beach.
Our final hike at BIC National Park was my favourite of the trip. Not necessarily because of the scenery (although it was still stunning, as usual in Canada), but just because of how genuinely fun the actual hike was. The second part of the hike was spent jumping and climbing over rocks along the coast (not as strenuous as it sounds).
The final stop, Montreal, is definitely the place to be if you're a foodie. I don't think any of us could disagree that Montreal had the best food in Canada. Any type of food you could want can be found there, and of a good quality.
The whole trip was amazing - based on value for money and activities available, I would highly recommend booking a trip with Out Here Travel.

Date of experience: July 2019