“Love the food and the theme!”
Review of School Restaurant

School Restaurant
Ranked #457 of 9,934 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$11 - US$15
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Old Toronto
Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

Great spot! Love their menu and how they use local produces, that’s always very important in terms of quality and community support and I appreciate it very much because I know it’s not always the easiest way. Everything from the fried chicken waffle plate to their cheddar burger to their lemonade of the day )(yesterday was grapefruit!) is top notch! The only reason I’m not giving it a 5 star is because I really really really wanna try their super cheesy French toast but it comes with layers of bacon and we can’t alternate it to having it without bacon.

Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

Who doesn’t love breakfast ALL THE TIME! This place has mastered delicious different dishes but all breakfast inspired. Try the “grilled cheese” - no words as it’s just creamy gooey goodness. The Kristen French toast is heavenly. I’ve never seen anything like it. Kale ceasar with protein is very well done. One of the house specialties is chicken and waffles. AMAZING! They had a house made lemonade (I had mine with a shot of vodka ;) and it was sooooo good. If I wasn’t driving, I would have had 2 more. I’m working my way through their menu (yes - it’s so good it’s worth going back over and over). Big patio, nice ambience and really friendly, efficient wait staff. Love this place

Reviewed July 9, 2018

We got there 2 minutes before 10am (when they opened, which I thought was late for a breakfast), and they wouldn't let us in before. Not a big deal but really? Also the music was loud inside so we decided to sit outside. It was a great space on the patio. I had the Black and Blueberry pancakes which was probably one of the best breakfasts I've had, so much flavour, perfect presentation and large quantity. My wife had the breakfast with eggs, hashbrowns, bacon etc. She said it was very good. Coffee was great too although we had to wait as the coffee took half hour due to machine being shut down by accident night before? Service was good too although we had 2 different servers with no explanation. Will go back if we are ever in the area.

Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

We are a group of foodies and decided to visit The School Restaurant after seeing all of the social media promotions and pictures of their delicious food!
So to start be prepared to wait 60-90
Minutes to be seated! They have 2 out door patio areas and an indoor seating area.
Huge green P parking lot directly in front of the restaurant so don’t worry about parking!

Great ambience and a super friendly staff!
The food and service was spectacular!
We ordered the scones , fried chicken , blueberry pancakes and sour cream jalapeño hash! Everything was simply perfect and delicious!
The only complaint we have which we also told the staff right before we left . They kind of gave us the “ Your weird look” which a teenager gives you when we complained about the music! (Keep in mind most of the staff were basically kids so I kind of understood why the choice of music was poorly selected)
In the background they had this super loud and annoying gangster rap! It was an awful taste of music! It was just really really Bad! gangster rap lyrics got no place in restaurants it was just awful!
We were happy to leave the place and it makes me sad to say this because everything else was perfect!
Enjoy and Happy Eating

Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

The three of us ordered different dishes with the intention of sharing. We got the Black & Blue pancakes, Poutine, and a burger. Loved them all. Delicious food. Each on its own may have been a bit too much but shared was perfect. Loved the open air ambience. Fresh herbs growing in nearby planters. Friendly knowledgeable staff.