“Affordable place with great host”

Comfy Guest House and Suite
Ranked #4 of 115 Toronto B&B and Inns
Toronto
“Affordable place with great host”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

I was at the comfy for 2 weeks and had a great time there. The host Tahir is very helpful and accommodating. Location wise it's pretty good too with lots of grocery stores and restaurants in the vicinity. I would recommend to book it in advance as the place is super busy with reservations.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank Gdagar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Buttisholz
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

Had a great stay with Tahir - a very accommodating host. In terms of location, you'd be hard pressed to find another place more convenient than this. A short walk to college station. I had full access to all the facilities during my stay like big kitchen and overall had a super-positive experience. Very great value and highly recommended!
(i am from Switzerland)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Monica W
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

I've stayed at the Guest House a number of times, and it's generally the same. For the price, you can't beat it - even Hostels in the area are more expensive. Tahir the owner was very aggressive with accusations that we didn't lock the door, to the point we started making videos of us securing the locked door for proof. It felt like we were being parented and kind of put a damper on the stay.

The location is great - old cabbagetown, and you're not too far from the big attractions in Toronto. The college street car is only a block north.

The rooms could use a good solid cleaning between guests, as far as I can see only the bedsheets are changed - I noticed a stain that heaven forbid was blood on the bed skirt of one of the beds, and have found hairs from previous tenants around the floor. Perhaps if they hired a cleaning lady to clean the rooms daily, it would improve 100%. It's not the cleanliest place if you're looking for Hotel Clean.

Room Tip: Book a room with an ensuite - trust me.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Ardnas87
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

The owner of this property, Tahir, is really nice and accommodating. I told him I was arriving later in the evening and he met me at the house when I arrived. It's a simple house, but exactly what I was looking for. I didn't see the other guests in the house very often and they were all really quiet. I came to this property just to get away for a few days and relax, and it was perfect for what I needed.Old Cabbagetown is really close by; I was able to walk there to do grocery shopping.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank Nikki M
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

It’s being nice staying in Comfy guest house located at an ideal & safe location in downtown area. I thank you for the hospitality which added memories to my stay. Especial the calm atmosphere and comfortable & clean living that I enjoyed the most. Hope to avail the opportunity again on my next visit to Toronto.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Li S
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

My friend and I had a great stay at Comfy Guest House and loved the interior's Victorian charm. It's located in a great neighborhood which is in walking distance to Cabbagetown, Allen Gardens, public transportation, and for us, downtown, Kensington Market, and the university. High speed internet was reliable, everything was clean, and we were able to store our left-overs in the kitchen's refrigerator/freezer. I would definitely recommend this B&B and plan to stay here again next time I visit Toronto.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank longlegs042
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

.Iam a frequent traveller and normally stay at hotels because I worked in the Hospitality industry,however,on this recent visit to Toronto I tried staying at Comfy Guest House for three months. To begin,I was picked
up at the Pearson Int. airport by Mr Tahir (guest house owner) and that in itself was a plus,on arrival at the guest house I was amazed to see the cleanliness of the room and the other areas,immediately I felt at home,the atmosphere ALL was very friendly,in so much I made some life long friends ( including mr Tahir) from various parts of the world.I totally enjoyed my stay at COMFY as it EXCEEDED ALL MY EXPECTATIONS and I will not hesitate to recommend the Comfy Guest House to my relatives and friends willstay here again without any hesitation.ST CLAIR JACOB.

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful and the suite is fantastic.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo