Comfy Guest House and Suite
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Omni King Edward Hotel(Toronto)
US$322
US$128
US$123
Cancelon
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsshared kitchencommon kitchenother guestsclose to downtownprivate deckown mealsfelt like homecable tvryerson universityhome from homeminute walkwalking distancea nice place to stayeaton centrepublic transportationcomfortable staythe ground floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Had a great stay with Tahir - a very accommodating host. In terms of location, you'd be hard pressed to find another place more convenient than this. A short walk to college station. I had full access to all the facilities during my stay like big kitchen and overall had a super-positive experience. Very great value and highly recommended!
(i am from Switzerland)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Monica W
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I've stayed at the Guest House a number of times, and it's generally the same. For the price, you can't beat it - even Hostels in the area are more expensive. Tahir the owner was very aggressive with accusations that we didn't lock the door, to the point we started making videos of us securing the locked door for proof. It felt like we were being parented and kind of put a damper on the stay.

The location is great - old cabbagetown, and you're not too far from the big attractions in Toronto. The college street car is only a block north.

The rooms could use a good solid cleaning between guests, as far as I can see only the bedsheets are changed - I noticed a stain that heaven forbid was blood on the bed skirt of one of the beds, and have found hairs from previous tenants around the floor. Perhaps if they hired a cleaning lady to clean the rooms daily, it would improve 100%. It's not the cleanliest place if you're looking for Hotel Clean.

Room Tip: Book a room with an ensuite - trust me.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Ardnas87
Reviewed 16 March 2012

The owner of this property, Tahir, is really nice and accommodating. I told him I was arriving later in the evening and he met me at the house when I arrived. It's a simple house, but exactly what I was looking for. I didn't see the other guests in the house very often and they were all really quiet. I came to this property just to get away for a few days and relax, and it was perfect for what I needed.Old Cabbagetown is really close by; I was able to walk there to do grocery shopping.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank Nikki M
Reviewed 13 March 2012

It’s being nice staying in Comfy guest house located at an ideal & safe location in downtown area. I thank you for the hospitality which added memories to my stay. Especial the calm atmosphere and comfortable & clean living that I enjoyed the most. Hope to avail the opportunity again on my next visit to Toronto.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Li S
Reviewed 6 March 2012

My friend and I had a great stay at Comfy Guest House and loved the interior's Victorian charm. It's located in a great neighborhood which is in walking distance to Cabbagetown, Allen Gardens, public transportation, and for us, downtown, Kensington Market, and the university. High speed internet was reliable, everything was clean, and we were able to store our left-overs in the kitchen's refrigerator/freezer. I would definitely recommend this B&B and plan to stay here again next time I visit Toronto.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends