“Best anniversary ever!”
Review of Hotel Victoria

Hotel Victoria
Ranked #39 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Best hotel stay I've ever had! Every year my boyfriend and I celebrate our anniversary by having a hotel night, our normal hotel was unavaliable so we looked around and immediatly fell in love with the modern decor of these rooms. The location was amazing, having Netflicks avaliable to us as well was wonderful, and the hotel staff were very very nice! I think my boyfriend and I have found a new hotel for our future anniversaries!

To sum up my experience: it was amazing!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Steven J, General Manager at Hotel Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2012

Hi Laura N

We are so happy that you chose to share you anniversary plans here with us at the Hotel Victoria. We hope would love the chance to become your "normal" hotel. I am happy to pass along your comments to our staff. Netflix is great, glad you liked that. We look forward to seeing you again, either for another anniversary or any other occasions you might be celebrating. Check us out on Facebook for constant hotel updates......

See you again soon.

Reviewed 15 February 2012

Saw this hotel online and was very excited about my stay. However, was less impressed when I arrive. First, don't arrive between 3:30-6:30pm as there's no drop off area for luggage and since you have to park 7 minutes away (walking) this can be a real pain dragging luggage through streets full of pedestrians. The staff were rude and pretentious. The hotel is beautiful and unique and definitely a nice place to stay despite the small (VERY small) rooms and lack of amenities, but the unfriendly, unhelpful staff would make me not recommend it.

I would definitely choose a less interesting hotel with better service any day.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Brikv

Dear Brikv

I am saddened to read your recent review. We pride ourselves with providing excellent customer service . I am happy that you found the hotel beautiful and unique. Please contact me directly at the hotel so that we can discuss this matter in greater detail.

Steven Jones
416 363 1666

Reviewed 14 February 2012

Can not beat the location for a night of hockey. It is a block north of the Hall of Fame and a very short walk to the ACC. The room was more than big enough for two adults. The hotel was easy to find and clearly marked, which was very helpful. Parking is not on-site but in the public garage on the same block. Not a big problem, but just be certain to unload before parking.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank dad-n-son

Hi dadnson,

Glad you enjoyed your stay, we are a fan favorite, not just for hockey but Basketball, soccer and baseball. Baseball season is coming, book now and save. Contact us for more details. GO LEAFS GO!!!

Reviewed 11 February 2012

Stayed here January 21, 2012. Was perfect place to stay and be close to the heart of the city. Loved the history and the beautifully appointed room. We stayed in a queen suite and lovd the decor and layout. Very close to ACC,St. Lawrence Market and right on younge street. Very helpfull front desk staff. Beds were super comfy...wish I had one at home!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank dragonfly17

Location, location, location, you are right dragonfly17 our location is perfect! History is a large part of the Hotel Victoria, after 102 years we sure do have history!!!! I am thrilled that the you found the Front Desk very helpful, your comments have been shared with all of the Front Desk staff. Contact me and I'll give you the information for our comfy beds. Planned your next visit? "Like" us on Facebook you may "like" what you see.

Reviewed 3 February 2012

Unsure of where to stay in Toronto, I booked this place based on location/price/reviews. Pleasantly surprised. Great location. 2 minute walk to King subway station. 10 minute easy walk to Union Train station. Small rooms (i.e. bedroom size rather than a suite) but clean, comfortable. Free wifi. Good heating. Close by to a Shoppers Drug Mart; pub across the street; Subway next store. The hotel has a small restaurant but limited hours. There are lots of places nearby to eat so this wasn't a problem. They allowed me to check in early so I appreciated the customer service. Elevator seemed a bit slow but this would be my only criticism.

Was perfect place that met all of my needs for a quick business trip into town. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Skittle54

Hi PEIsland Traveller.

Thank you for the review, we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. We are glad you have already booked your next stay. If you need a wine glass, ask our reception team and they will be happy to assist you. I shall pass along your comments to our staff. Thanks again and see you soon!!!

Reviewed 1 February 2012

Was in Toronto in the fall (Oct. 2011) for meetings and was looking for somewhere to stay for 9 nights. While looking for a reasonably priced room I stumbled upon The Victoria Hotel. It was the terrific rate that caught my attention. The posted reviews were mostly positive (and the negative ones, I've decided after my stay, can mostly be dismissed). I did heed the comments of the small size of the standard rooms and booked a one of the larger rooms which was quite roomy. I had a single room with a king bed, sitting area, work station, good size bath and FREE Wi-Fi, plus free Netflix (although worthwhile movie choices are limited - not a hotel issue). My room faced Yonge St. but the street noise was not an issue on any of the nights during my stay. I know it's only a 3 star hotel but my only complaint, while 2 actually, would be 1) no bag liner for the ice bucket (grocery store bags for fresh produce worked well) and 2) no glassware for drinks, only small, flimsy plastic cups (a trip to a dollar store rectified that problem). The basement area where the ice machine is can be described as claustrophobic but clean and also a small book exchange table with a couple of good reads. If I had a car, I would be put off by no on site parking, but no need for a car with the proximity of the hotel to downtown venues, entertainment, dining and shopping. It is also just steps away from the subway and The PATH (underground walkway). The staff was friendly, helpful and accommodating. Enjoy.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank MyFathersSon
Reviewed 20 January 2012

What a beautiful hotel! Friendly staff, cozy and clean rooms with a great location!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Hi Yvonne B.....many thanks for taking the time to review this "Amazing Place" Thank you, we think the hotel is beautiful as well. I will share your kind remarks with our friendly staff, I will also pass along your comments to our housekeeping department about our clean rooms. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Have you "liked" us on Facebook yet?