Hotel Victoria
US$190
US$178
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$218/night.

US$240
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$319/night.

US$139
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$194/night.

US$133
US$102
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$177/night.

US$186
US$144
Westin.com
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$230/night.

US$238
US$202
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$251/night.

US$177
US$143
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$229/night.

US$177
US$165
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$259/night.

US$257
US$195
Travelocity
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$265/night.

1,152 results
All reviewsyonge streethockey hall of fameunion stationgreat locationboutique hotelcn towerlawrence marketwithin walking distancesmall hoteleaton centrebreakfast restaurantminute walkqueen roomfree wifihardwood floorsdistillery districtthe financial district
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Spent 5 nights at the Hotel Victoria and I don’t think we could have found a better located, clean, friendly hotel in downtown Toronto for the price. We had an economy room on the 8th floor. The room was not large, but large enough for us to get around comfortably, even with our suitcase open, and the bathroom was a good size compared to the room. The room came with a single cup coffee maker, a desk, flat-screen TV, and wardrobe with iron and board. The only two negative points were the lack of drawer space and the view of the brick wall from the single window (however, when you’re only 8 floors high and surrounded by 20+ floor building, what can you expect!).

The reception desk staff was friendly and accommodated our few requests, i.e. arranging transport to the airport ($55 for private car), storing valuables in hotel safe, and answering various questions. My wife and I would not hesitate to stay here again, it is so well located on the Yonge Subway line and streetcar routes, plus everything is within easy walking distance. We look forward to our next visit to Hogtown and our stay at the Victoria.

1  Thank Valleyguy2008
Steven J, General Manager at Hotel Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2012

Hi Valleyguy2008, thank you for including the Hotel Victoria in your travel plans. Our location is fantastic and ideally located for all major attractions. I will pass along your comments to our reception staff, we pride ourselves in guest service. We look forward to having you back. Contact us directly and we'll arrange an upgrade to a larger room that faces Yonge St! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future....

Reviewed March 29, 2012

We had a great stay recently at the Hotel Victoria in Toronto. The staff was very helpful and even got us a car for a 3am departure! The bedroom areas are small, but very clean and quiet. Surprisingly, the bathrooms are good sized and this was helpful. The location couldn't be beat as the hotel is right in the middle of the financial district and close to everything. The hotel also had great rates which made our trip quite affordable. I would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: The higher floors are more newly renovated.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Hi Ellen K. It is so nice to hear when our guests have a great stay! I am thrilled that you found our staff very helpful. 3am departure, hope you were going on a great vacation! we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit!

Reviewed March 16, 2012

We will not be returning to Hotel Victoria. The location was nice but there are plenty of hotels in the area. Fortunately we had unseasonably warm weather so the 10 minute walk to the parking garage was pleasant or I know I would have been grumpy by the time I got back. The staff was professional but certainly not friendly. We appreciate coffee as soon as we wake up and the single- serve pot was ridiculous. We were only give one pouch of regular coffee and our request for more the following day was ignored. That in itself is enough to send me elsewhere. Dealing with our luggage at the end of our stay was frustrating. We both left knowing that we would not be returning.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
2  Thank Nellieat4

Dear Nellieat4 Thank you for choosing the Hotel Victoria.

I am sorry to read that your stay did not live up to your expectation. Have addressed your concerns of staff friendliness, this is surprising as we get rave reviews about our staff. I have also addressed your remark about not having more coffee delivered to you when you requested. Please feel free to contact me as directly as I would love the opportunity to have you visit us again so that may exceed your exceptions.

Steven Jones
416.363.1666

Reviewed March 15, 2012

I was thrilled when I won a free night at this wonderful downtown Toronto hotel. I was somewhat familiar with the historic Hotel Victoria since I've stayed a few times before. I phoned to book a date and was dealt with by Peter. He was friendly and welcoming.

I knew about the lack of onsite parking and did not require a car since the location is so central and convenient. It is a short walking distance from Union Station and many attractions. I am 62, so when I say walking distance, I mean it. There is parking nearby if needed.

My daughter and I arrived at 2 p.m., too early for check in, and wanted to store our bags so that we could shop. The wonderful desk clerk, Erskine, told us we were welcome to go ahead and put our things into the room since it was ready. Our room was on the 5th floor, small and lovely. It was stylishly decorated, very clean and comfortable with a modern bathroom. There wasn't much of a view but didn't care since we weren't planning on spending our time in the room staring out of the window. The hotel is smoke free and smelled fresh. Because of the modest size and the historic elements of this hotel, it does not have every convenience a larger, newer facility might have, however, any potential needs are addressed in the hotel information guide found in the room. We had a question on check-in and when we returned later in the afternoon, Erskine had resolved it in a more than satisfactory manner

Although there is a subway stop available near the hotel, we found the walk to the Eaton Centre for shopping to be quite short. ***Note to visitors...We discovered that "The Bay" gives a 15% discount to non-locals. We showed our Hotel Victoria key and saved quite a bit of money.

There are varied dining opportunities nearby from fast food to gourmet. After a leisurely dinner, we returned to find Brian, at the front desk of the hotel. He was knowledgable and helped us with directions to a major grocery store and gave us advice about nearby entertainment. Again, all was in walking distance. In the morning, we had breakfast at the onsite restaurant "Over Easy". It's open from early morning until 3 p.m. The menu included both breakfast and lunch items and was good value for the money. We checked out and were not yet ready to go home, so we appreciated having our bags stored gratis until we were finished with our city adventures later in the day.

Hotel Victoria is a terrific choice for people attending concerts, sporting events and shopping. Unlike some larger city hotels, it does not give you the feeling of being impersonal. The staff does their best to be polite, accomodating and helpful without appearing pretentious. This hotel is excellent value for the money. I wouldn't stay anyplace else.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Hi Hildetoronto...........Membership does have some privileges. I was thrilled to read your glowing review. I will pass along your remarks to Peter,Erskin & Brian. Great tid bit for future guest regarding 15% discount offered at the Bay. We like to have the home away feel, make everyone that come through our doors arrive a guest and leave as part of the Victoria family. We look forward to welcoming you and your family in the near future.

Reviewed March 13, 2012

Stayed here on a weeknight in a standard queen room to attend a concert just down the street (200m) at the Sony Centre.

Reservations: Called directly and received a better rate than posted online and when I mentioned we were seeing a concert, was just directed to show my tickets at check-in for an additional 10% off the rate!

Check in- No hotel parking, that was fine. We parked at an outside parking lot at Sherbourne and Front Street. $5 overnight until at 6am. (we left at 8 and it wasn't a problem) Its a 10 minute walk, but it's $5 parking downtown and we each only had a small overnight bag. Check in was fine, very friendly and professional staff, and it only took a few minutes.

Room- We were in 206 (I think). The room was small, which I expected, spotless and the bed was comfy with great linen. The bathroom was fine and had everything we needed. Hot water came immediately and the towels were nice and fluffy. Although there were only two. I'm sure getting more would have been only a phone call to the desk away. There was no view, I didn't really care. This might bother some people. Good quality sleep, we heard no street noise or noises from other guests.

Location- Awesome! Right in the middle of everything. Close to numerous dinner choices, and the concert theatre we were attending. I picked this hotel for this very reason. It's also close to the ACC, the subway, CN Tower, Queens Quay and Eaton Centre.

Price- Not too bad, 120 with tax after the discount. IS it worth this much? I wish I could have gotten a better deal, and would have been happier if I had. So I don't think so.

Overall- Reading the reviews you should be able to determine that its a small hotel that is doing its best right smack in the center of downtown Toronto. Would I stay again? Most definitely, if I were attending another concert close by. If I could get the same price on priceline et al for a 4 or 5 star? Obviously not.

Room Tip: I'm pretty sure that there are no views to be had in this hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Hi travelbugcheri

What an extensive review.....many thanks for the informative review. I am thrilled to see that from reservation all the way through we ticked all the right boxes!
We are glad the booking process with seamless as was the check in, rooms and price, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future....Like us on Facebook for special offers and promotions.