“Excellent!!!!”
Review of Hotel Victoria

Hotel Victoria
Ranked #39 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The hotel was GREAT! The room was comfortable, the bathroom was new and clean, the location was just perfect, the employees were very kind... and the price is good. They also have a computer available for free, for a quick use. I would definately go back and recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Steven J, General Manager at Hotel Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Hi Carolina A, so happy that you feel we are GREAT! I agree with you. So many people make reference to our location and our staff who are indeed very kind! Our housekeeping team pay close attention to details, they are a great team. We look forward to welcoming you back at any time!.

Reviewed 22 April 2012

While in Toronto for business and staying at a chain hotel I decided to pay a visit to the Hotel Victoria to check out the rooms with a view to booking here when I am next in town. I was greeted enthusiastically and courteously by the front desk staff and the hotel was happy to oblige with my request. The manager took the time to show me three different rooms and the on site restaurant. I was very impressed. Yes the rooms are smaller than you find in your typical north American chain hotel but they are absolutely more than adequate in size. The business queen didnt feel at all cramped while the king and double queen rooms were spacious. All the rooms featured modern decor, including lovely clean hardwood floors and crisp white duvets. I am very much looking forward to spending a few nights here with my husband this winter.

Stayed: April 2012

Hi Dodgye. Many thanks for sharing your experience of the Hotel Victoria. We know it is hard to be away from home, that is why we aim to make it "Home away from Home" I will gladly pass on your comments to our Front Desk Team, they will be appreciative. We are getting rave reviews of our renovated rooms, we are going to be renovating guest corridors in the near future, you'll be able to see for yourself on your next visit....Hopefully for fun, not work??

Reviewed 20 April 2012

I found the lobby and room decor to be elegant and tasteful. The service is courteous and the location is great. It is only a 10 minute walk to the CN Tower and 15 minute to main shopping areas. There are many dining options to choose from. The rooms are small but not stifling.

The only CON I found is that in order to get ice you must personally retrieve it from the basement.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sacred_Lotus1

Hi Nariko Wright. Many thanks for your review and your compliments of our lobby and room decor. Many guests offer positive comments of our renovated rooms. We would love to offer you a larger upgraded room for your next visit. Contact me and I'll ensure you are looked after!

Reviewed 19 April 2012

Was here for a conference for 3 days. The hotel is located in a great area, closed to everything and for the price it’s more than worth it. However, please don’t tell me this is a “Boutique Hotel.” It appears that the Loby and rooms have been recently renovated, but they are very small and quite Spartan. On the other hand, they seem to have forgotten about the elevator and hallways. We saw wallpaper hanging, dents, chips and most room doors need to be stripped and painted. Both of our rooms on the seventh floor were clean and tidy but both had creaking floors (fake wood not glued properly??) and no amenities worth mentioning. Don’t expect a minibar, robes, plush towels, or any fancy shampoos or soaps. The beds are very good but although you have four you only get one type of pillow. Large and foamy. These rooms are meant to sleep, shower and get out. Also, it would have been great to have a loveseat or something more than a chair to sit on. Again, for the money and location you can’t complain but don’t elevate it to a boutique. That way everyone knows what to expect.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Raul S

Hi RaulSlater . Thank you for your candid review of our Hotel. Our lobby and rooms have indeed been renovated within the past year. I am sure we can offer a larger room on your next visit. We shall be renovating our guest elevator and corridors in the not to distant future. We do large scale projects in stages as to limit disruption to our valuable guests, We do offer robes and specialty amenities in our executive rooms, we even have "love" seats at the foot of our upgraded rooms. please contact me directly and I'll personally arrange for you to have the full "boutique" hotel experience.

Reviewed 15 April 2012

My girl friend and I went to Toronto for one night for a girls get away and to see War Horse,witch was awesome, we stayed our one night at the Hotel Victoria. We were very happy from the minute we walked in at 10:00 in the morning to see if we could leave our luggage there,as we knew we were very early for check in , and were informed our room would be ready in 10 Minutes. When coming back from parking our car our luggage was already in our room , which was up graded. The room was very nice and clean . I unfortunaly didn't get the two gentlemen's names ,who took car of us when we checked in on Sat, 4/14/12 but they were both very nice and helpful.We both agreed we would stay here again .I'm looking forward to returning with my husband .

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Hi Maryellenm Tonawanda, we love having our neighbors from the south visit us! When you visit us again give us a call the day before and we'll see if we can offer early check in, always better if you can freshen up after traveling. I am thrilled that your Front Desk team looked after you from the moment you walking in the door. We look forward to welcoming you and your husband in the near future.

Reviewed 13 April 2012

I was extremely happy with the winter special of just 102 dollars per night plus tax for a decent room, and upgraded to the 122-dollar option with a refrigerator and a lot more space. The location is on Yonge Street just south of King, where you are closer to the center of the business district than many well-known financial companies, and where you can alternately walk a few blocks to the waterfront which has been nicely restored in recent years with close-up views of the harbor. The staff is attentive and knowledgeable, and the maid service is of a very high standard. This is the second-oldest hotel in the city, and has been intelligently renovated to keep the best of the century-old details while providing modern benefits like free high-speed wi-fi. I would definitely stay here again the next time I'm in Toronto.

Room Tip: Pick the eighth (top) floor if possible, and get the largest room available.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank StevenJonKaplan

Hi StevenJonKaplan. Thank you for choosing the Hotel Victoria. I am pleased to read that you found our staff helpful and our maid service of High Standard, we pay very close attention to the cleanliness in all areas of the hotel, especially our guest bedrooms. We are happy to see that you will defiantly stay with us again. See you soon!

Reviewed 9 April 2012

This hotel was perfectly located in the heart of the Financial District, easily accessible from Union Station and right on Yonge Street for a short walk up to the shops and Dundas Square. It's one block from the Hockey Hall of Fame and just round the corner from the nearest Metro station too (King St).

Location aside, the decor, cleanliness and ameneties are not to be faulted. We were impressed with the modernity of our room and the shower was the best I've used on holiday for a long while. The bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet. Although breakfast wasn't included in our stay, the "Over Easy" cafe on site made an easy choice every morning for breakfast and was a great place to eat.

I'd recommend the hotel to anybody staying in Toronto, we loved our time here.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Hi Ebalch. Thank you for offering a review of our hotel. We are indeed in a perfect location. We have just recently renovated the lobby as well as the guest bedrooms. We are currently planning our guest corridor renovation as well. Make sure you have breakfast included in your next stay,just ask one of our friendly staff to have your rate include breakfast. Love that you loved your time here, come back and visit us again soon!