“Very Good Hotel in Great Location”
Review of Hotel Victoria

Hotel Victoria
Ranked #39 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 8 May 2012

My husband and I stayed here for two nights in early April 2012. The hotel is in a great location on Yonge St., near many attractions and restaurants. We walked everywhere from here: markets, Toronto Island boats, CN Tower, waterfront. Our 8th floor room was smallish, but very nice and clean. Bathroom was a decent size and bright and cheery. Not many perks though: no bathrobes, special soaps, etc. One small complaint is that the hardwood floor is extremely sqeaky and really needs attention. The front desk staff were helpful and accommodating, and happy to answer questions. The price is right for a city location! We ate breakfast at the restaurant on site and enjoyed it a lot.
Oh, the parking situation is a little tricky. There seemed to be 2 options: a nearby garage that is very pricey or park and take a 10-minute walk back to the hotel. It was rough because we were very tired. Please be aware there is no valet service or curbside assistance getting luggage in or out. You are on your own.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank trav2go1
Steven J, General Manager at Hotel Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2012

Hi Savvyduo

I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed our linens, furnishings and lobby. Our location is second to none, we could not ask for a better location. We do offer bathrobes and special soaps in our upgraded rooms. On your next visit contact me and I shall ensure you get an upgraded room. I am currently negotiating a lower rate at the parking garage across from the hotel. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

We stayed here for one night and we would definitely stay again! The room was spotless and included things that are normally not included: free wifi and free netflix via an apple TV. The beds were comfy and had an assortment of hard or soft pillows.

You can't ask a better location as its only minutes away from a lot of great restaurants and transit right on Yonge street.

We booked the room via the apple iphone application 'hotel tonight' and saved $25 on the one night stay.

I look forward to visiting again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces Yonge street.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I visited Toronto for the first time this past April and spent two nights at the Hotel Victoria. The location was perfect – walkable from the courtesy Porter shuttle, near public transit (King Street subway about a block away) and in an area that felt safe enough for me – a single female traveler – to wander around morning, noon, and night. Toronto itself is very easy to navigate, and I found myself not even consulting a map to get around.

My arrival was about an hour before check-in, but the front desk staff were very accommodating and were able to offer me a room right away. The room was perfect for me – efficient layout with all of the essentials. Some guests might want more space, but I found it to be comfortable and just right. The bathroom was super clean, and the fixtures were very new and sleek. The only negative was that the wallpaper which was peeling in a few places.

All of my interactions with the front desk staff were pleasant. Each person was knowledgeable and eager to help, especially with the printing of boarding passes – a little thing that makes a big difference.

In addition to the subway being so close, the Hockey Hall of Fame was just a few minutes away, and there were several restaurants close by. I enjoyed the Richtree Market on Yonge Street (otherwise known as Marché) and Over Easy, adjacent to the hotel. [Big thanks to the folks at Over Easy for keeping the bag I accidentally left behind safe and sound for me!]

I enjoyed my short stay in Toronto, and I would definitely return and stay at Hotel Victoria again.

Room Tip: My room did not face the street ad was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo

Hi Kukk_Fam

Thank you for your review. We really appreciate the candid reviews and your experiences that are shared with the world. I agree our location is second to none. Great to see the Hotel Tonight app being used, glad you liked it and the savings. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 April 2012

Spent 1 nite in this hotel, and would certainly stay again! Very pleasant, accommodating staff. Felt safe in TO area, after walking from Theatre a couple of blocks West of this Hotel around 10pm.
Small room with single beds, but bright and clean. Decent price for good city location.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Steven J, General Manager at Hotel Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Hi BurlingtonMitch. Many thanks for taking the time to offer a review of the Hotel Victoria. I am pleased that you found our staff to be accommodating. We are ideally located for the Theater and yes, we are in a very safe location. On your next visit, ask for a larger room, I am sure we can arrange that! I am sure it will be just as clean and bright. Looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

The hotel was GREAT! The room was comfortable, the bathroom was new and clean, the location was just perfect, the employees were very kind... and the price is good. They also have a computer available for free, for a quick use. I would definately go back and recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo

Hi Carolina A, so happy that you feel we are GREAT! I agree with you. So many people make reference to our location and our staff who are indeed very kind! Our housekeeping team pay close attention to details, they are a great team. We look forward to welcoming you back at any time!.

Reviewed 22 April 2012

While in Toronto for business and staying at a chain hotel I decided to pay a visit to the Hotel Victoria to check out the rooms with a view to booking here when I am next in town. I was greeted enthusiastically and courteously by the front desk staff and the hotel was happy to oblige with my request. The manager took the time to show me three different rooms and the on site restaurant. I was very impressed. Yes the rooms are smaller than you find in your typical north American chain hotel but they are absolutely more than adequate in size. The business queen didnt feel at all cramped while the king and double queen rooms were spacious. All the rooms featured modern decor, including lovely clean hardwood floors and crisp white duvets. I am very much looking forward to spending a few nights here with my husband this winter.

Stayed: April 2012

Hi Dodgye. Many thanks for sharing your experience of the Hotel Victoria. We know it is hard to be away from home, that is why we aim to make it "Home away from Home" I will gladly pass on your comments to our Front Desk Team, they will be appreciative. We are getting rave reviews of our renovated rooms, we are going to be renovating guest corridors in the near future, you'll be able to see for yourself on your next visit....Hopefully for fun, not work??

Reviewed 20 April 2012

I found the lobby and room decor to be elegant and tasteful. The service is courteous and the location is great. It is only a 10 minute walk to the CN Tower and 15 minute to main shopping areas. There are many dining options to choose from. The rooms are small but not stifling.

The only CON I found is that in order to get ice you must personally retrieve it from the basement.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sacred_Lotus1

Hi Nariko Wright. Many thanks for your review and your compliments of our lobby and room decor. Many guests offer positive comments of our renovated rooms. We would love to offer you a larger upgraded room for your next visit. Contact me and I'll ensure you are looked after!