Stayed for one night with a good friend who I was showing around Toronto. The location is very good as I knew my friend would want to see the CN Tower, and Rogers Centre. My main reasons for choosing this hotel are:
1) I got a pretty good rate. $139 on the internet for 2 double beds.
2) The hotel and Rogers Centre are located just off the Gardiner Expressway, so driving in is easy. No stop and go in busy downtown Toronto traffic should we have arrived at a bad time.
3) Parking would be easy, it's a stadium...
4) It's close to, as I mentioned the CN Tower and Rogers Centre, but also close to the restaurants on Front St and Union Station. It's a great 'jumping off' point.
We arrived early afternoon on a friday, our room was ready, and the valet took our car. The whole operation was seamless and we were in our room within 30 minutes. We also arrived about an hour before the 3pm check-in time.
We were given a 10th floor room with a city view. Upon inspection of the room it was easily determined that the room was not finished being made up. The shower curtain wasn't hung up, the towels weren't in place, the mirror was very spotty (like someone hadn't wiped it after spraying it with something, I'm not a picky guy). Also there was a big hair under the comforter, that was a little tough to ignore. One quick call to Front Desk informing them of the situation in which I nicely and with some humour explained my misgivings and what it is I would like to see happen (a new room on the same floor, if it could be accommodated), and I was back in the lobby exchanging room keys for a new room a few doors down and receiving apologies. The initial room was substandard, however the staff corrected the shortcoming quickly and did their best to respect my requests. I didn't think of the first room for the rest of our stay.
I must give a thumbs-up to the beds and bedding. I have two small children and I suffer the sleep deprivation that goes along with it. The bed and bedding was fantastic, and the combination of bed, bedding, and a few extra hours of childless sleep worked wonders for me.
We ordered up 6 beers (Stella Artois), come to a little under $50. Most people would complain but I've never been to a hotel that didn't charge like this for room service, particularly alcohol. I'm not saying it's good, I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just saying...
Check out was easy, there were no errors on our bill, and the valet had our car brought around in under 5 minutes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We're excited to announce our transformation from Renaissance Toronto Downtown to Toronto Marriott City Centre, and will continue to make enhancements to the hotel in Fall & Winter 2017/18. Charge up for business productivity or wind down for leisure creativity at Toronto Marriott City Centre Hotel. You set the pace at our Toronto downtown hotel's accommodations. We are a boutique hotel in Toronto that has 348 guest rooms and guest suites, with all of the amenities and services for excellence on a stay in Toronto - including a Lobby Lounge, Club Lounge, Starbucks Coffee, on-site restaurant, and indoor pool. We will follow your lead and meet your every need, whether you have come to our city to get work done or explore. Toronto Marriott City Centre Hotel offers a fantastic destination in the heart of Toronto, close to Rogers Center, CN Tower, and Air Canada Center in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Toronto Marriott City Centre Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Toronto
- Toronto Renaissance
- Toronto Marriott City Centre Hotel Ontario