Toronto Marriott City Centre Hotel
US$323
Doubletree.com
US$358
  • Restaurant
The Omni King Edward Hotel(Toronto)
US$323
US$285
US$214
Orbitz.com
2,096 results
All reviewsrogers centreblue jaysstadium view roomtrain tracksbaseball fieldwatch the gamecn towerbaseball fanarriba restaurantjays gameripley's aquariumunion stationself parkingentertainment districthotel roomking bedan upgrade
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 September 2012

This hotel wraps around (partly) the Skydome in Toronto. I had room 444, and it looked directly on to the playing field. The upper sitting area was great, and though the team was away, I watched goings on, tour groups etc. I had room service twice and it was excellent. The room was very clean and fairly quiet. The room was cool enough. I was very satisfied.

Room Tip: My room was fairly close to the elevators.
Reviewed 18 September 2012

I was hesitant to stay here after reading so many negative reviews but I was happily surprised when I checked-in and saw my room.

I arrived at the hotel just after 9AM, but they were able to accomodate me and I was checked-in immediately to room 255. The room was good sized, had a view of the Toronto skyline and was very clean. The in-room keurig machines are a nice touch for morning coffee. The internet was speedy and complimentary with their rewards program.

The bathroom was modern, very clean and had enough towels for two people. I would note that the towels are pretty rough, but that's standard with most hotels.

I would not hesitate to stay here again, or to recommend it to friends and family.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to club level, I know they offered it to several guests as I was checking out.
Reviewed 16 September 2012

the rooms were small for the price you pay. the cable didn't work. the tv wouldn't shut off after I turned it on I had to unplug it. there was stains on the curtains. there was only one bath towel in the room. the only good thing about this hotel was that it was close to everything I wanted and needed.

• Stayed: September 2012
RenaissanceTO, Director of Rooms Operations at Toronto Marriott City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2012

Dear Rockshel,
Thank you for your review and feedback. It is much appreciated. I apologize that your stay did not measure up to your expectations. I would like to make sure that the items you mentioned in your verbatim are addressed immediately. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at fo@renaissancetoronto.com. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay further.
Regards,

Reviewed 13 September 2012

Location - it is downtown, but unless you're going to a baseball game or a convention at the Convention Centre, this hotel is a hike to everywhere else.

- I had the outside view - which means right over the train tracks. The GO Train starts early and is very loud.

Layout - The hotel wraps around the Rogers Centre, so the corridors are endless and winding.

Room - Massive and largely empty. Nothing cozy about it. Clean.

Wi-Fi - None. Zippo. Forget it. This is a major problem for the business traveller.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
RenaissanceTO, Director of Room Operations at Toronto Marriott City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2012

Dear bbanks945'
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate all feedback; both positive and constructive. Depending where you needed to be in the city, I can appreciate that our location may not have met your needs. We are attached to the Rogers Centre, located next to the Convention Centre and CN Tower and are situated within the Theatre and Entertainment District. Although we are in walking distance to the Financial District, there are other options of places to stay within the district itself.
I am sorry that you were not given the correct information about internet offerings. We do have wired and wifi available in all of our guestrooms, meeting rooms and public spaces. It is true, we are unique in that we wrap around the Rogers Centre. This does mean that some of our hallways are winding and longer than others, but we do have shorter hallways available and rooms on higher floors that can be requested. We also have rooms that may be in quieter areas of the hotel for light sleepers. If you are willing to give us another chance, I would recommend asking for one of these rooms.
Thank you again for providing us with this valuable feedback.
Best Regards.

Reviewed 13 September 2012

the renaissance is located in the heart of Toronto. Probably the best located hotel in the city. It is attached to the entertainment stadium, at the feet of the CN tower, 5 minutes walks from the water front and the entertainment district.

The room are spacious, modern and very clean. Bedding is luxury quality. Food is really good, and breakfast is a full continental buffet.

The Facility includes large indoor swimming pool and hot tube. The hotel is a bit expensives, however competitive versus the same caliber hotel in Toronto. This being said, you get what you pay for. As far as i am concern this is a solid 5 star place.

i recommend this hotel to anyone who is coming to visit Toronto for business or pleasure