Over the past two years I have had numerous meetings in Toronto, many of them at airport hotels. This was my first stay at this hotel. Here is my impression:
Hotel facility: New, a 7 storey building with everything one might need for a comfortable stay (free wifi, well equipped business center, gym, pool, laundry facility, breakfast, shuttle service, even a simple dinner is provided Mon-Thurs evenings). Overall impression: Excellent.
Staff: Everyone I encountered was friendly and accommodating. Overall impression: Excellent.
Rooms: We had a one bedroom suite. It had a full kitchen, living room, large bedroom and huge bathroom. Two TVs. Pleasant decor and comfortable beds. Overall impression: Excellent.
Food: The included breakfast was ample with both hot and cold choices and a self serve waffle station. One minor beef was that the plastic jugs used for milk and juice really didn't keep them cold. I can live with juice that isn't ice cold, but tepid milk isn't the greatest. I didn't take advantage of the free dinner, but took a look and thought it was more than adequate (soup, small salad bar, and a daily hot choice - beef stew and rice when I visited). The weekly menu roation is posted on the fridge in the room. Juices and soft drinks were provided (apparently wine and beer is available at an extra charge). Large trays are provided in the rooms for guests who want to retrieve food to take back to their suites - nice touch. There is a coffee/tea station in the lobby that is accessible 24 hours a day, which was also handy (no it isn't coffee house quality, but it is included). There isn't a full service restaurant or bar in the hotel. Overall impression of the food: Pretty darned good considering it is provided as part of the hotel rate. The dining area (which is just off the lobby) is open and inviting.
Location: While close to the airport, this hotel is not directly on the usual airport strip. As a result, relatively few planes fly over the hotel, making it fairly quiet. The airport is accessible via service roads, making it unnecessary to go onto the major roads which can, in my experience, get clogged with traffic depending on the time of day. Driving time to the airport is about 10 minutes. The hotel is on the same property as a Hampton Inn, other than that I didn't notice many hotels immediately nearby. The area is a bit stark. It is mostly populated with warehouse type buildings, although there are some restaurants within walking distance, including a lovely Irish pub with decent food and a nice atmosphere a 5 minute walk from the hotel (and near that is a bowling center, of all things). The shuttle driver informed me that guests may request a shuttle to any location within a few miles, which makes shopping centers, a movie theater, and many other restaurants a possibility. Overall impression: A warehouse strip (not exactly pretty), but the things most travelers need aren't far away.
Value: I thought the rates were very reasonable, particularly considering all of the inclusions. The hotel also offers a stay and park option which includes one hotel night, up to 8 nights of parking, and airport shuttle transportation. A great pre-vacation option. Overall impression: Excellent.
Summary: In my opinion, anyone looking for a Toronto Airport Hotel should seriously consider this hotel. I recommend it highly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make yourself at home at the Homewood Suites by Hilton® Toronto Airport Corporate Centre. This upscale residential style hotel is ideally located on the border of Toronto and Mississauga, minutes from Toronto Pearson International Airport. We've perfected the extended stay hotel experience by combining all the comforts of home with our passion for making our guest feel welcome. Whether you're traveling for business or pleasure, our friendly staff takes pride in satisfying your needs. Come and Make Yourself at Home® and enjoy our:~Complimentary Suite Start® Hot Breakfast~Complimentary Welcome Home Dinner Reception, Mon - Thurs Evenings~Spacious Suites with Kitchenettes~Mini-Putt, 24 Hour Fitness Centre and Swimming Pool~Executive Centre, Suite Shop and BBQ~Complimentary Wi-Fi internet access~Complimentary Airport Transportation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre Hotel Toronto
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre Ontario