“Lightened up our day. ”

Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Church Street
Transit: Subway: King
Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

We were not particularly looking for a gourmet brunch/lunch for this weekend day. Just wanted to have a bite before running some errands. And we landed in this restaurant.

The decor was an absolute delight. Modern Canadian and yet very unique. (What more can one ask for when one has a Star Wars stormtrooper on the wall - see pic).

We had a choice to seat at the restaurant bar, regular bar or main dining area. We chose the restaurant bar and had a great view of the kitchen staff preparing everyone's food.

The quality of food was very high and detailed. It's relatively high price was well justified. Every dish seemed to be well thought out. All dishes were hot and fresh. And the drinks were very fun too.

The service was also excellent, from receptionist to our server. All seemed well trained and worked very well with each other. With a very busy kitchen crew working in an open kitchen, the other restaurant staff made well sure that the chaotic nature of the kitchen didn't spill over to the customers. And we could actually enjoy a very lovely and private conversation.

We ended up staying much longer there. We can't wait to return to try the dinner menu.

Reviewed 31 October 2016

Google Map says -Sunday closing is by 9/30 - walked in by 9PM the chefs at the counter said Gas has been turned off as the closing time was 9 PM , convinced Chef Paul to give us a Beet Salad and Avacado/Tuna Salad - very sad but this was the reality

Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

Perfect place to catch up with friends and relax with a decent wine list and great food. The service is attentive but not overbearing, so all in all, a great place to catch up with friends. Shame about the bathrooms.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Finally tried this spot last week. I like the ambiance. I had their Beef tenderloin and Curried shrimp. it was pretty mediocre in terms of food quality and taste. Wait times for food are a bit long at times. So be careful, you might just get what you don't expect.

Reviewed 21 August 2016

I came to this restaurant simply because one of the judges on masterchef Canada owned it... so it had to be good? Wrong. The staff is strange.. everyone is dressed extremely casual (converse sneakers and jeans) so you have no idea who your waiter is. One waiter approached our table, and we thought he was a stranger from the sidewalk.
We ordered fried plantain with guacamole as an app. I have to say that was the BEST guacamole I have ever had in my life... it would be nice to have an even number of plantains vs 3 pieces..
I ordered the Origin burger and my spouse ordered fish tacos. The fish tacos looked extremely presentable and they were laying on a real Spanish tortilla bread so that really gave you an amazing taste.. the fish overall was okay.
The burger was HORRIBLE. It is extremely plain and comes with no side. Just a simple small burger in the middle of a plate. NO SEASONING on the meat!! I don't know if that's the goal or if the chef forgot? I asked for well done and the bottom of my burger was pink. ..
I am extremely disappointed because the owner was honestly one of my favourite judges on masterchef Canada so I expected a lot more...

Would not recommend.