“Cool concept, luxury dining & swanky atmosphere ”
Review of Origin

Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Church Street
Transit: Subway: King
Reviewed February 2, 2017 via mobile

Origin is high end tapas dining ie lots of small plates that allow for tasting of multiple dishes. Very cool concept and often very busy. Bear in mind this is a upscale restaurant and the prices match but for a special occasion, it is well worth it. I've been a few times and always enjoyed the experience. Sometimes we were sat at bar style seating because of the lack of tables - which was less good (especially for a resto) so if you book, ask for and insist on a table. In the summer they have a wonderful patio too. The tapas menu threw me at first but I actually really enjoyed because it allowed me to sample different things. The fries were also great! And there are enough vegetarian options to keep you satisfied!

Reviewed December 19, 2016 via mobile

There are many dishes at Origin that are outstanding. There are also many mediocre dishes. It is the service that really stands out, and not in a good way. We once waited 1 1/2 hours for our food. Many of played get confused and it is quite hard to pin down a server when needed.

Reviewed December 11, 2016

I'm not a foodie but when you've had a great meal that's been served by a very attentive staff as well as a wonderful chef and his team, its only right to let others know where they too can share in a similar experience. Origin on King continues to be amongst the top restaurants in the city. The combination of the diverse cuisine and relaxed ambiance truly makes this a destination spot. We entrusted our palates to the creativity of Chef Claudio who did not disappoint. Starting off with the deviled eggs, souffletine and smoked bacon as one of our appetizers then the ribeye and chimi churri as part of our mains and finishing with the dulce de leche for dessert made this a night to remember. We will definitely be going back!

Reviewed December 11, 2016 via mobile

Origin Restaurant a truly taste of the worlds flavours!
A group of 8 of us visited Origin Restaurant. This spot has a very cool vibe. Located on the east side of Yonge in downtown Toronto. Origin was a culinary experience of Chef Claudio Aprile creations.
We were seated at a private section of the restaurant. Cool rectangular table with a Warhol spin on the chandelier!
We gave Chef Claudio the opportunity to make the menu for the evening.
We started with an assortment of appetizers. Delicious!
Oysters, Duck Tacos, Sardines on toasted bread with a walnut sauce all awesome. The Japanese tuna salad put a spin on our taste buds to welcome the next dish. This man knows what he's doing!
We followed that with the Rib Eye Steaks, basically one of the best tasting steaks I have had. Meat was tender at the perfect temperature. Yes better than some well known steak houses in this city!!!Combined with sides of French fries done with sausage and cheese. Amazing polenta, devil eggs, beet and goat cheese salad and a spin on plantain with guacamole... WOW was that awesome. Oh .... I can't forget the caramelized bone marrow and the bufala cheese!
In addition sauté Brussel spouts and carrots. I must be forgetting some of the other details that Chef Claudio created for us. It was a truly food loving experience.
To end our fabulous dinner we had dolce de leche , citrus cured meringue and a chocolate crunch bar.
Yes I think we died and went to heaven ♥️♥️.
Thank you Chef Claudio for challenging our taste buds.

Dom S

Reviewed December 7, 2016 via mobile

Good place to dine if you're by yourself as you can sit at a counter watching the food being prepared.

I thought the service was exceptionally attentive and friendly.

For food, I'd recommend the Brussels sprouts for a starter and the artic char as a main.