We stayed at this hotel because it had the lowest prices for park and fly (included, 8 days). Usually we stay at the Radisson (all suites) down the road, so I can offer a comparison here.
The hotel is very close to the airport and the shuttle did not stop along the way, it is approx 5 - 7 minutes drive. It was late picking us up by 10 mins, no big deal. We waited over 30 mins when we landed for a return shuttle but that may have been because some folks got on the wrong bus - when it arrived the driver was unceremoniously throwing them (a family with a young child) back off the bus! Not a great impression. Given the # of HI in the area, I'm not sure it was entirely their fault (buses show up randomly and you always need to check yourself if they're going where you want).
It is a typical HI - nice lobby, the staff EXTREMELY friendly and professional. The rooms were small compared to the Radisson which has a sitting area and sleeping area. But the heated bathroom floor is a nice touch. Shower was great. Amenities - shampoo, lotion, shower cap. Beds were comfortable but I found the pillows really "stuffed' (just a personal thing, I don't like my head at a 45 degree angle to sleep). We did not use the restaurant. The TV channels were great, everything you'd probably need. No fridge in room but a/c worked great.
In short, good location for airport, excellent staff, comfortable rooms - I would stay here again if they offered the best rate, otherwise probably return to Radisson. Both offer park & fly rates with above-ground parking, both close to airport, both have restaurants on-site, Radisson has a separate sitting area and pull-out couch good for families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Airport Hotel in Toronto Offers Value & Service. The Holiday Inn Toronto Airport welcomes you to our newly renovated airport hotel at Toronto International Airport (YYZ). You'll love our hotel's convenient airport shuttle, quiet, convenient location and heated bathroom floors.Guests appreciate our hotel's close proximity to the Toronto Congress Centre and International Centre, the major host for area events. Our meeting facilities are the best among Toronto airport hotels. Our 21,000 sq. ft. of conference space is now renovated and offering 20 meeting rooms with award-winning catering ready to host any event. Leisure guests love our hotel's location near Pearson Airport. Nearby attractions like Woodbine Entertainment Centre, and shopping at Sherway Gardens offer family fun. Easy access to Hwy 401,427,407 and 410 puts Toronto's world-class attractions just minutes away.Guests will enjoy dining in our newly renovated Bistro YYZ. Enjoy a wide variety of beer and wine. Workout in a 24-hour Fitness Centre or refresh yourself in large, heated indoor pool. For your next stay in Toronto, our airport hotel's associates wait to welcome you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport Hotel Toronto
- Toronto Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport Ontario